Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well I have this custom 1997 Polaris XLT 680cc triple. This was my first ever 600 so me and father rebuilt it from top to bottom stock. We put a custom seat, risers, painted it green and black, and it's my baby.

I don't know if you guys have that feeling when you really bond with your father and want to keep it forever? Well I do, since my father passed away 3 months ago in a car accident, I decided I would finish our sled and finish our dream of drag racing triples.

I'm not super advanced in mechanics, but I can learn. I would love to know some things I could do to her (No budget, will do this slowly over time) to make her fast and perfect.

I know the cranks are weak, but it doesn't really bother me I have a spare crank shaft in my garage (I bought a XLT for parts) and pistons don't bother me they're cheap. I don't care about reliability, as long as it goes fast and I can make my father proud. Sounds cheesy, I know.

Any ideas for weight lose for a start?

This is my last so far :

carbon fiber front and rear bumper, custom seat, 2 gallon tank, after market running boards (hand welded, not too sure how i'll get the cooling done though), single MBRP race exhaust, clutch kit, gearing, remove the reverse, new shocks all over (good idea, worth the 1000$?)

I've also heard of removing the air box to make it lighter, but i'm not too sure if that would be a great idea in the freezing weather of northern ontario ..

Thanks, would really appreciate some help. Thanks

·
Registered
9,980 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
i feel ive been here before? hello????? so did you and your father build this or your buddy? you told us he put the reeds in for ya? do you have a680cc a 600? or a??

pics, pics PICS???!!!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Take a few pictures under the hood for us. The XLT was a 600 cc triple, if it's a 680 cc then it must be an ultra motor. Which wasn't a crank eater like many XLT's. If you let us know what you really have then these guy's should be able to give you a lotta help with the sled.

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
^^ you're such a dick.. Although, suicide will help his sled go faster, it won't be him riding it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
^^ you're such a dick.. Although, suicide will help his sled go faster, it won't be him riding it.
I wasnt thinking that,:rolleyes:I was thinking more like buying him a cord of HICKORY or OAK,park the sled on top of the wood pile and light it up.Hickory and Oak is the hottest burning fire wood(28 Million BTUs per cord) and would make short work of that sled.A nice lite pile of ashes would be the result.I think this guy is jerking us around.Im done with this thread.:icon_smilie_BSmeter

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I don't think this guy is for real. He doesn't respond, keeps reposting. Wants an all out drag sled, but has his sled set up for ditch banging it sounds like. How can he have a mod triple with a single exhaust? Too many things that don't make sense. And as judge Judy would say, "if it doesn't make sense then its not true."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts