Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive posted this in the past but got no real answer. im looking for jetting, clutching, and gears. im looking for really quick throttle response and a bit of torque. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
first thing I would do is improve the clutching.( assuming your jetting is pretty close for your temp and riding area ) Its kinda weak on XLT's. If that doesn't work out for you, consider dropping 1 tooth on the top gear, this will give you some nice bottom end and better acceleration, you will loose a little up top though. Jetting is dependant on your altitude and temps in your riding area, changing it won't really give you a ton of power but might clean up any laziness in throttle response & crispness. If you find that the sled is always running rich drop 1 main jet size and see what it does for you. Also verify the carbs are balanced and spotless inside.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you know what the stock gearing in it is suppose to be? the chain gave out last year and i just swaped the gears and chain from a 94 xlt.

·
Registered
581 Posts
21/39 is whats in mine and its a 95, thats stock for me, check out my signature pics, if u wanna do that then u gotta get a 1.5'' camoplast challenger track, and put a green/yellow primary spring in, and a blood red secondary in the 3rd tower, caution though, even though its only a mild clutch change, it makes the sled very tourquey, i cant keep the front end down unless im already in my top end, but 40mph should lift the skis, 60mph not as much but in the right conditions can still lift the skis, also make sure you belt is good, and i agree with the jetting, however i have left mine stock, i also put ngk br8eix extreme iridium plugs in, about $45 cdn for all 3, make a nice response improvement

there are also some 10 videos of me in miscellaneous member videos on the 2nd 3rd and 4th pages, mostly catwalking videos, 2 jumps

·
Registered
814 Posts
Clutch kit and gearing is definately the thing to do on your XLT for more snap on the low end and mid-range.

·
Registered
577 Posts
When i owned my '95 EPI hade a tuning booklet for that model. (I can't find it,don't ask)
One of the things i remember (besides buying their clutch kit), was they recommended raising the carb needle one notch... to lean it up in the mid-range. Didn't touch the mains.
Left my plugs light brown all the time :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts