Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 96 evolved xlt that was a touring at one time, but i took all the touring krap off and put single seat, took out electric start and all the junk i didnt need. i liked this tunnel because it has the wider foot wells compared to a regular indy. i dumped a bunch of money in it, attempted to put triple pipes which i later found out was impossible in a evolved so settled for mbrp can.. so my question is i only got 86 mph on radar, i know longtracks arent suposed to be that fast but id like to hit atleast 90 to atleast match my old 500. i still have the reverse in it but its not hooked up. at WOT its at 8400 rpm if i remember correctly, a little high but.. its stock clutching and gearing. any suggestions in gearing and clutching changes i could do to get that few extra mphs, and should i take out reverse? its studded with the 133.5 track i think. OH and i also have a set of thunderdome heads sittin around thinkin of tryin them out, anyone every try these in a xlt? thanks alot sorry for long post

1 - 1 of 1 Posts