Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 95 XLT.Top end is good,lifts the skis coming out of the hole,but runs rough at low speed.Does anyone have any spec's on low speed carb settings or is this just the nature of the beast?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
low speed carb settings???? I confused is there such a thing?????? I would say umm no. That would be the nature of the beast I think. Tripple pipes would help that a bit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By low speed carb settings I mean air screw settings,needle position,pilot jet size.I was just hoping someone else's experience might save me some trial and error.Main jets are 190 which must be plenty lean enough.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
well leaner is more horsepower I don't see why richer or leaner or whatever would really help your bottom end. Whatever like I said pipes shoudl help :).

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I usually have to clean the pilot jets once a year. It seems like they get plugged up when sitting over summer even when I add the fuel stablizer. Ethanol fuel is the only kind available in this area so that may be part of the reason but you may have the same problem. I would check the carbs and give them a good cleaning.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
that happens out remedy is quite simple. Every week or two start the sleds. Keeps them good and clean. Whole time my dad owned my present sled(my XCR 600 96) Only cleaned the carbs oen and that was like 2 weeks ago and it didn't even need it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys,you might be right.I'll pull the pilots and clean them.Want to find out what they are anyway.I need more snow before I get too worried about this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts