Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys i think i just got my sled doen tonight, over the summer, i put purple ski toes, crhome lining on the winshled, a #, sitckers, a brand new pro x 4 3/4 in rise wit mx bars off my cr250, and handguards. i put on an ultra brake lever and a throttle cable extension kit and a extension on my brake cable. i also put renthal soft grips on there. and ot match wit the sled i got them hot seat fxr nitro sx race pant. well after all that i think it looks pretty sweet, and if i get this deal im gonna stick an all black hood on it and make it look even sweeter.

Ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
That's cool. Post some pics so we can see the finished product.

Even better, a before and after pic.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hows this look, i just took em tonight, since i had to take her our for a spin after last nights snow.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
WOW, those handle bars are tall!!!! Looks cool though!

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
5 Posts
XLT,

Does your sled have the X-tra 12 suspension? I've got a 95 XLT special with the X-tra 12. I want to find out what I can do to make it go faster and handle the corners a little better or trade it off for a 500.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, mines a 94 xlt sp, and its got a xtra 10 in it. So sorry, cant help ya.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i have a 96 xlt with xtra 12...if yu want it to handle better yull have to get that rear end down and lower the front too ...put some 6 inch crbides on her and she shoud be able to thro yu off!! lol as for going faster i put a 42/36 helix and a blue spring in the secondary and that gave her a big kick in the butt....personally i d rather have the nice ride with that suspension kicked up....my friend has a 94 xlt with std susp and he cant even cum close to me on rough trails...try to keep that motor stock and it will last a long time im told.....dale

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 97 XLT, and I put SLP triple pipes, a polaris clutch kit, and a 1 1/4 track and it made a huge difference. I have road it for the last two years and have had no problem with it. I recenlty upgraded to an F7 some my wife gets to ride the Xlt now.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i have a xlt sks with decker pipes(loud ass pipes,each pipe has its own silecer).Im not sure what the sks has for suspension.does anyone else know?
thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've also got mine 96 XLT/SKS last week
haven't tried it we haven't got much snow yet.
ppl at a local service suggested me to change all three pistols, they are worn out as one of their service man said. BTW the sled has 9000 km when I got it.
What is the top speed for such mashine?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Well since its an SKS, I'm guessing some where around 105 mph or so. Just a guess though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts