Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out riding today and was runing just great after about 15-20 miles riding all sudden started to bog a little and was running like it was only runing off 2 cylinders. Then it came out of it after it went back to idle then it did it agian so i stoped felt all the spark plugs and the one by the belt was cold took the spark plug out and it was dry and it didnt have any spark either. Tried a new spark plug and it still seemed like it was runing off 2 cylinders.

I aslo just rebuilt the motor about 100 miles ago. It has a leak in the gasket around the spark plug but on the one by the exhaust. But not that bad of a leak.

plesase give me some ideas of whats wrong.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
What year? Could be different things depending on the year.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Perfect, make it a twin!

If the spark plug with the cylinder its not running on is dry, its a gas problem. I would clean the carbs first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha good thinkin. I just went threw the whole fuel system already went threw all the hoes and cleaned the carbs.

Maybe all just clean them agian. Then see if a new spark plug has spark.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i just got back and went to see if the new spark plug had spark and it did then i tried the old one agian and it sparked just as much as then new one

then i tried starting it and it almost went then it just flooed itself.

so it doesnt want to spark after riding 10 miles what does that mean?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok thanks guys all look into it and put the other cdi box on from my parts sled.

So what do you think is the reason gas was coming out of the overflow hoses? seats and needles??

·
Registered
659 Posts
Needles and seats seams to be a common problem on sled's as old as yours and both my XLT's needed needles and seats when they wer around ten to fifteen years old so its definitely a thought and if your extra CDI does not do the trick I would look at your coils where the plug wire goes into it my friend spent a week trying to figure out why his XLT was only running on two after I looked for about ten minutes I found that the wire was barely sitting in the coil cut it an inch and threaded it back in the the hole (there is like a wood screw tip inside the coil that the wire threads into) and wa la it ran fantastic hope you figure it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts