Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 xlt Indy 600 and I'm having the same problem.I just replaced the spark plugs and it still only running on two cylinder. Any idea I've tryed everyhing?

·
Registered
144 Posts
do both plugs have spark? compression test yet?

·
Registered
144 Posts
is it running very very rich those two cyliders causing them to foul out

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It well run but as soon as it gets over five grand it bog's out...I've cleaned all the crabs and jets checked the fuel line and pump all good spark plugs are all brand new like I said

·
Registered
144 Posts
have you put it on a stand and hit WOT killed it and checked plug color?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had it on the stand today and I gave it sum gas and as soon as it hits 5 or a little over it bogs down after I pulled the plugs the two cylinders were good but the other one didn't seem to have any gas on it but I pulled the line and the crab and there was gas in both...the weird part is I took it out and let it run and it was running on two the it started running on all three but then it went back to running on two

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
kws82590 said:
I had it on the stand today and I gave it sum gas and as soon as it hits 5 or a little over it bogs down after I pulled the plugs the two cylinders were good but the other one didn't seem to have any gas on it but I pulled the line and the crab and there was gas in both...the weird part is I took it out and let it run and it was running on two the it started running on all three but then it went back to running on two
Switch the spark plug wires on the bad cylinder and the one next to it and see if the problem moves over to the other cylinder. If it moves, Change the spark plug cap. That will probably fix it.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
TriumphoverU said:
kws82590 said:
Switch the spark plug wires on the bad cylinder and the one next to it and see if the problem moves over to the other cylinder. If it moves, Change the spark plug cap. That will probably fix it.
Wont that make the timing off?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have spark to all three spark plugs and I have all new plugs I let it run for a bit and pulled the spark plug on the bad cylinder and it's dry and still looks brand new

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Dragon700 said:
TriumphoverU said:
kws82590 said:
Wont that make the timing off?
No, all 3 spark plugs fire at the same time.

I might also say you have a stuck float or frozen fuel inlet needle and seat in the carb for the cylinder that is not firing. Just because you have fuel in the lines, doesn't mean that it is making it into the float bowl.

The spark plug caps have resistors built into them to help reduce radio and tv interference. Once these start to go bad, mysterious things can and do happen.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
is this a problem that showed up after summer storage? or something that showed up while riding?
also check the carbs like someone else stated, just the other day someone was having problems and it ended up the cable came out of the slide, very similar symptoms as yours, and also very common after going thru carbs.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/33160-97-xlt-out-running

Crank seal. Put your hand over the carb that's not running. Any suction? If not, then you got an air leak on that cylinder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts