Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do any companys make a 133.5 inch track anymore or do i have to go 136" and can i go 136" without swaping skids like say with going to a big wheel kit or something your all gunna laugh but i dont mind the xc-100 ya ya i know its really old school bad technology and i know xtra 10 is better i have done the swap a few times but i wanna keep the xc100 soo please dont say put extra 10 in it i dont wanna start a war im just wondering what my options are for the xc-100

·
Registered
54 Posts
skspolarisxlt said:
do any companys make a 133.5 inch track anymore or do i have to go 136" and can i go 136" without swaping skids like say with going to a big wheel kit or something your all gunna laugh but i dont mind the xc-100 ya ya i know its really old school bad technology and i know xtra 10 is better i have done the swap a few times but i wanna keep the xc100 soo please dont say put extra 10 in it i dont wanna start a war im just wondering what my options are for the xc-100
i think you are better to go 136... you can just go to the machine shop and extend the loops on the back of the skid to make up the extra 3 inches for the legnth... where does your rear idler shaft run now? how much extra adjustment is there? if you extend the loops on the skid, it will probably need longer adjustment bolts as well.... hope this helps....[thumb]

·
Registered
54 Posts
skspolarisxlt said:
actually extending the hoops is a good idea so no on the big wheels????
maybe they will work as well, i am not to familar with the big wheel kits... when i did my 136 i started out with rail extenders, they were junk so i bought a 136 skid from a edge touring... i put all my fox shocks on it and was good to go...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Another option is to do a setback of the rear skid and install a 136 track (drill new mounting holes in tunnel for skid). More involved but there is LOTS of info on forums on how to do it. I beleive the setback amount is 1-1/2".

I have a 133.5 x 1.5 on my XLT RMK that I will be pulling off to install a 141x2; 133 is in good shape, only missing part of 2-3 lugs (not down to cords). Just don't know when I'll swap, I need $$$ to get the drivers and chain/gears I need first, but keep me in mind if you don't find anything.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have a almost brand new 133.5 with 1 inch paddles that was on my 95 XLT SKS PTO bearing went out end of last year so i bought another complete XLT with only 250 miles on the motor and the new one has many upgrades long story short I might be willing to part with the track

·
Registered
454 Posts
You can still order them through your dealership, or you could last year anyway. A bit pricey tho.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BrianLee said:
You can still order them through your dealership, or you could last year anyway. A bit pricey tho.
lol ya i think you still can but i dont wanna pay double what the sleds worth lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts