Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
For trail riding and more starting out, i would pic the XLT, but thats in the Agressive body style and its a little bit heavyier. The XCR, I think looks cool. If you want to see some pics of it. Go to www.polarisman.com if you havent already

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I am not so sure about that. My XCR 600 on the agressive Chasis pushes in corners and is not a great trail machine. I doubt that just being a bit lighter with the single pipe would make it better.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I must say, I love the look of the 98 XCR, actually all XCRs are really sweet. The XLT is a little heavy too.

89 Cougar 500 w/Rev
88 Saffari 377
89 Saffari Saga 377

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one im lookin at is flawless 2200 miles for 2900 bucks i went over it took it for a ride and its great and its a fricken deal if ya ask me

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
personally i would go with the xlt, sounds to be a great sled at a great price....but i own one. i do know the xcr had a few troubles, but i dont know how many of them were affected.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Last year i owned a 96' XCR 600 and the crank went out on me. I got a good deal buying it, but it was NOT worth it 3 months later. Very expensive fix! I have now sold it. I'd get the XLT, seems more reliable.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
THat is a deal and I think a pretty good one. And not all XCRs are great. My XCR is a beast and a half anchor that I just don't really like. It has a mid range problem where it sounds and feels like it is sitting still, but its doing 30mph! It is by no means as quick as the other Triples of teh same year either. My Cousin had a ZRT 600 that thing killed me everytime on the lake. And mine is the XCR SP on the aggressive chasis with the triple pipes.

Edited by - Sled_Dog on December 02 2001 6:54:32 PM

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I would have to say that xlt's can't be that bad because there are a lot of people that have them and like them.

Tree's don't make the greatest brakes...

·
Registered
268 Posts
The compression release on the XLT's block is much lighter than that of an XCR, therefor much, much easier to start. The trail wise riding is great, but that Storm chassis wasn't the lightest around. It was good in the woods compared to the XCR due to its lighter weight with only one pipe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride Snowmobiles, baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 - 10 of 10 Posts