Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 96 xlt, today out on the trail, i noticed yesterday to some extent but blamed the warm weather and high altitude (2,600) for improper jetting, anyway....
today the temp was in the 20's(awesome trails by the way!) when i let off going into a corner, then hit the throttle hard coming out, she would bogg or have a flat spot, as the track broke loose and the rpm's came up (to about 7,500) i would have all kinds of power back, as the day went on, i noticed if i hit the brake hard enought to lock the track up going in, then hit the juice hard, i had all sorts of poewer...i believe that the secondary clutch needs a cleaning and possibly some new buttons...i bought the sled used and someone has put a red spring in the secondary clutch, a white in the primary...i think i'm going to start playing with weights on the primary but first i would like to see if anyone else thinks a good cleaning would help, and if so, how do you clean them?
thanks guys , dave :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh yeah! does any body know what the stock primary clutch weight should be?
slp recomends a 10m, white, #1321527
thanks, dave

·
Registered
502 Posts
well i have a 94 xlt and I have found that they can vary from day to day like that and its all in the jetting but a good run though of you clutches wouldnt hurt and if your bottens are a little wore I would replace them and about the waight I would leave them alone because if the old owner did do some clutching its proble agood combo for what is in it but you should be running anywhere from 7200 to about 8700 rpm and 9000 is over rev so that sould give you an idea

1 - 3 of 3 Posts