Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guy's, I have a new to me 97 XLT Touring in great shape. No manual came with it and I'm trying to find all the lube points, chaincase fill point etc. Their is also a decal that states that the jackshaft needs to be greased every 1000 miles and to see the manual about it.

Any help greatly apreciated.

Mike

·
Registered
814 Posts
Well, there are quite a few grease zerks in your skid and front suspension- you'll just have to get in there and find them all. The driveshaft and jackshaft bearings also have grease fittings- you will have to remove the belt and slide the secondary clutch out to get to them. The chaincase has a dipstick to read the level- if low add through dipstick hole. That's about it- good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TRIPLEB, I saw the grease nipple and figured that I would have to take the air box off to get at it. I wouldn't have thought of removing the belt and the driven clutch.

Mike

·
Registered
227 Posts
The manual I pm'd you about shows a diagram of all the skid grease zerts and also tells about the the jackshaft greasing also. It is full of alot of good maintenance information. Let me know if you want it[8D]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts