Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey any of you guys know where to purchase the OEM stickers for the trailing arms on a 96 Indy XLT? The sticker runs the length of the trailing arm and at the front end of the stiker it says IFS Xtra. Probably a dealer only item.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Yeah, I've never seen those in any of the catalogues. I think a dealer would be your best (only?) option on that one.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Unless you can find one on eBay or some place like that where someone bought one and ended up not using it, the local polaris dealer is your only option. Sorry to rain on your parade but looks like you will have to fork out some money if you want to get it.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was afraid of that. Guess I'll find out next time I stop by the dealer.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
As far as I know it's dealer only, I was looking for decals for my XCR, cuz there is a crack in the hood, I was gonna fix it, but the decals are really expensive. The crack is small, so it wasn't worth it.

Anyway, I was only able to find them at dealerships.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
If anyone's ever looking for an alternative to factory decals, I found these by Sportec. They're called the Clik Graphics Kit, $120 per kit, not too bad. Check em out:

Scroll down to about 3/4 of the page.

http://www.sportechinc.com/whatsnew.html

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I contacted the dealer and they ordered the stickers for $6.00 each. Not bad! Hope they are the right ones! They did ask me if I had a XLT or XLT-SP so they may be correct. Time will tell. I hope to see them in a week!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
WOW, that's not bad at all! I would of expected they'd of been around $20-$30 each. Not too shaby.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You know I knew it was too good to be true. They just called me back and told me they only had the left on available. Polaris discontinued the right side sticker! What kinda crap is that!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well I do need just the left one but I wanted to sandblast some rust that has developed under the right side sticker causing it to peal. Guess is they have plain old XLT trailing arm stickers that may do the trick as long as the colors are close. Can you believe that?!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Oh man, what a load of crap that is. Thats usually the kind of stuff that happens in my world.
Discontinued the right side, but not the left hu?.................mmmkay.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Hi just wanted to tell you i hade that same problem on my yamaha a yr ago i needed some graphixs and couldnt find any i went to a sign shop where they make graphix its like a machine type thing they can make anything u want and its pretty reasonable i think they can put a rough draft on the computer any color u want u just give the measurments any color they design it u can see it before its even printed thats how it was for me here in minnesota i hade my whole yamaha done for i think it was like 80 bucks and it looks way better then factory i put them on my self tho

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
maybe you should goto your local graphics shop and have them made, may not be original, but would work. i need to get some for my ifs, now that i have upgraded to ifs xtra

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I ordered a set of trailing arm stickers from Polaris for a 1997 XLT SP. From a picture of a 97 I saw here at the site, it looks like the colors are the same or real close. Hope it works! If not, I also ordered the left side for the 96 which is what I have. Thanks for the idea of going to a graphics shop. I never would have thought of it!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I picked up my stickers on Saturday and some other stuff I ordered. As I mentioned all I really needed was the one for the left side. Got that one and it looks good (better once I put it on!
). I also ordered the left and right for a 1997 XLT SP since it looked similar. Well the long and short of it is the 1997 XLT SP trailing arm stickers are about 2 to 3 inches shortert, have a slight difference in the design, but are identical in color. So when and if I ever need a complete set of trailing arm stickers I'll use those. The stickers were cheap too. I think they were between 3 and 4 bucks each.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, at a dealer. However for the year I have they only had the left side sticker. Luckily that is the one I needed. The right side is still good. The left side sticker was about $4.50. The others for 97 were about $3.00 each.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts