Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
837 Posts
if you want to get a newer sled and still have that triple sound and power, id get an xcr 800. i like my xlt, but i have not had it long, and when i get the clutching right im sure i'll like it even more.

· Registered
9,987 Posts
If you like it, stick with it...

· Registered
657 Posts
i love my XLT its a good fast reliable sled and parts are everywhere and CHEAP! put a clutch kit in it and it will wake it up a lot in the low end now that the seaon is over i am getting my crank redone and drilling out the oiler holes and thinking of adding the oil pump with the fourth line and putting in another oil port for the PTO and im going to pipe it by next year and im also putting an xtra 10 up front i love this sled and will ride it forever i am in no need of a brand new one when i have all the fun in the wold on my XLT

· Registered
9,987 Posts
xltboys said:
anyone else have a 3 banger has it been good on the trails how many mile out of yours
Got a triple in my avatar. Actually several triples in my avatar, even though you see only one...

Chassis - XLT/SP 600 trip
Motor - Storm 800 trip
EFI - RXL 650 Trip - hacked and installed in the 800..

Oh, and this is the third time I'll say:

Twins are for wimps...

Miles? Come on, this is NY, comparing mileage isn't fair..

Fun per mile? Now we're talking... [thumb] Pull up next to some yahoo on his nytro and blow his doors off? Yeah, that works...

[edit] yeah, it was 90 degrees out when that pic was shot... I love EFI.

· Registered
156 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
xltboys said:
anyone else have a 3 banger has it been good on the trails how many mile out of yours
Got a triple in my avatar. Actually several triples in my avatar, even though you see only one...

Chassis - XLT/SP 600 trip
Motor - Storm 800 trip
EFI - RXL 650 Trip - hacked and installed in the 800..

Oh, and this is the third time I'll say:

Twins are for wimps...

Miles? Come on, this is NY, comparing mileage isn't fair..

Fun per mile? Now we're talking... [thumb] Pull up next to some yahoo on his nytro and blow his doors off? Yeah, that works...

[edit] yeah, it was 90 degrees out when that pic was shot... I love EFI.
dont be dissing the twins, They have their advantages to

· Registered
9,987 Posts
xcrtweaker123 said:
I'm not dissing twins, they are just inferior motors. I'm just saying that twins are for people that can't handle a triple.

I have an 800 twin for when I'm feeling wimpy or wanna ride with the wife on the back...

When I wanna go really fast, I have the triple.

· Registered
1,136 Posts
I love the sound of tripples. When i had my xlt just the stock exhaust sounded sweet! I trail rode a friends vmax sx 600 tripple yamaha sled and that sounded awesome to! Just the pull they have is awesome! Very smooth power delivery and sound awesome! A little more gas hogging but who cares, sledding aint a poor mans sport! I woulda kept my 96 XLT, but i was worried about crank bearings going out. The 95 and up 597 tripples are notorious for blowing crank bearins. If i get another tripple, it will be a yamaha, or and ultra or XCR 800 with VES! Them 800's with VES are crazy!! I also didnt care for the low hp the 597 puts out, under 100. The xc 600 im gonna get has more.

· Registered
158 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
xcrtweaker123 said:
I'm not dissing twins, they are just inferior motors. I'm just saying that twins are for people that can't handle a triple.

I have an 800 twin for when I'm feeling wimpy or wanna ride with the wife on the back...

When I wanna go really fast, I have the triple.
can you please tell me how that even made sense? how does having a triple mean you will be going faster? espically when twins weigh way less, and have more power.

· Registered
1,378 Posts
can you please tell me how that even made sense? how does having a triple mean you will be going faster? espically when twins weigh way less,[highlight=yellow] and have more power.[/highlight=yellow][/quote]

STOP!!!! your killing me.[Imaposer]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.