Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has ever added a PTO bearing oiler on one of the 95' Polaris triples. I know they added this separate oil line on the later 600 triples.

What I need to know is?
I have a 95' 600 triple. If I drill and install a oil fitting at the PTO end of the crank case. Is it going to be as simple as just teeing into the main oil line and running a oil line straight to the fitting at the end of the case?

Do I have to rejet the pto carb? Wouldn't it run rich on that end if there was all this extra oil in there?

Some advice would be great? [:D]

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
It can be done ,but I am not sure on the procedure. I do know that you would need a 4-line oil pump from one of the later models as you definitely don't want to "T" off another line.
Also from what I have heard, you can run the double wide PTO bearing for more durability.
When the double row bearing is used, the PTO seal is eliminated and the bearing acts as the seal

This guy has done it and if you call him, he may be able to let you know what to do. He is in Wisconsin.

"Another option is to have the crank and cases updated to the –04 spec. Pete Nydahl [262-857-7078] not only does an excellent job of refurbing XLT cranks he also offers a case mod which allows you to use the double row PTO bearing and external oiler as well."

Pete races and builds motors for 2-stroke racing boats, so he knows his stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts