Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 1995 XLT SP with slp pipes on it. Its got about 5500 miles on it and motor and clutch need some work. I just picked up a crashed 1996 xcr 600 with aaen pipes and clutch kit on it.it has 1900 miles on it. it hit a tree and crushed one of the pipes. Will this motor bolt right in to my 95 XLT SP and all the wiring be the same. will the slp pipes already on the xlt work fine on xcr motor. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Originally posted by polaris419
[br]ive got a 1995 XLT SP with slp pipes on it. Its got about 5500 miles on it and motor and clutch need some work. I just picked up a crashed 1996 xcr 600 with aaen pipes and clutch kit on it.it has 1900 miles on it. it hit a tree and crushed one of the pipes. Will this motor bolt right in to my 95 XLT SP and all the wiring be the same. will the slp pipes already on the xlt work fine on xcr motor. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
if its a xlt 600 it will work whit the pipes (xcr only has bigger carbs then xlt) if your xlt is an 580 i dont think pipes will work but it will fit in the sled.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Originally posted by Sweden_xcr600
[br]
Originally posted by polaris419
[br]ive got a 1995 XLT SP with slp pipes on it. Its got about 5500 miles on it and motor and clutch need some work. I just picked up a crashed 1996 xcr 600 with aaen pipes and clutch kit on it.it has 1900 miles on it. it hit a tree and crushed one of the pipes. Will this motor bolt right in to my 95 XLT SP and all the wiring be the same. will the slp pipes already on the xlt work fine on xcr motor. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
if its a xlt 600 it will work whit the pipes (xcr only has bigger carbs then xlt) if your xlt is an 580 i dont think pipes will work but it will fit in the sled.
Is the crashed sled a regular XCR or an XCR SP? Does the engine look the same as the one in the XLT? The SP used an Ultra engine with smaller jugs, but the regular XCR that year had the same monoblock as the XLT.

Bryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts