Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I always see people swapping out for xtra 10 rears, and I am sure this helps a bunch, but my 92 indy 500 is so narrow and low up front, I want to put an xtra 10 front end in it. I have searched all of the forums, and saw one that said the rad rods had to be bent to make this work. others have told me the parts bolt right in. Has anyone done this? Anyone have any other advice to get this little 500 up and out? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
50 Posts
Originally posted by jkolkind
[br]Alright guys, I always see people swapping out for xtra 10 rears, and I am sure this helps a bunch, but my 92 indy 500 is so narrow and low up front, I want to put an xtra 10 front end in it. I have searched all of the forums, and saw one that said the rad rods had to be bent to make this work. others have told me the parts bolt right in. Has anyone done this? Anyone have any other advice to get this little 500 up and out? Thanks for any help
so? anyone?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Guys, I can tell you what I've done to an '87 Indy 400... I don't have any snow, so I haven't ridden it yet to see how it works. I decided on a 41" ctr-ctr stance. Bought radius rods, steering arms, sway bar from a non-CRC frontend, trailing arms from a pre XC-10. Now this sounds pretty generic, but after trying several different trailing arms, I've noticed the rear mount is angled different on different arms. I believe the ones I used were off a 95-96 decaled "IFS XTRA" even tho it was a 7-8" suspension, again 41" ski stance. Front shocks/springs are off a 98-99 XC600. It all bolted up. I'm sure someone will chime in and say this is all wrong....we'll see. I'll let you know as soon as the snow flies!
by the way, also bolted in the rear from a 98 XC600.

·
Registered
443 Posts
i have talked to someone who has done this to (ironically) a 92 indy 500. He put a suspension setup on from a 99 that had the full 42.5" stance. It bolted right up he said.

85indy400, just wondering what you did for the rear skid mounting positions, especially the front.....where did you put them in the tunnel and did you move the front plates?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by eddiejr
[br]

85indy400, just wondering what you did for the rear skid mounting positions, especially the front.....where did you put them in the tunnel and did you move the front plates?
I started out with the measurements from this site... http://snowmobile.off-road.com/snowmobile/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=195998
I did not move the front plate, but did the rear.

sounds like eddie jr has a better idea for the front...I haven't tried to get hold of the CRC frontend...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts