Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

I have a friend who just put a skid from a 02 MXZ into his 96 2nd gen. Indy, and he is Selling the original Xtra 10. He Said he'd give it to me for 30 bucks. I dont really know too much bout polaris suspension, And I want to use it in an arctic cat maybe. Do these Skids Have good setup options for on Trail and off trail riding? Ive never really riden An Indy with Xtra 10. If at all possible, Maybe you polaris Pros could give me a few Pointers and details about the Xtra 10 [:D]

-Thanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
A Doo skid in a Poo and a Poo skid in a pickle, oh my what a mess. An XTRA 10 skid is a great skid more a skid for an aggressive rider than a trial putter, that is what the XRTA 12 was for. Does it have the Fox shocks? I would say for $30 DO IT!!! Even without the Fox or any shocks you can get more than your money back out of it! $30 is a steal for an XTRA 10 any day!!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So Xtra 10 would be better for Bummin Around with a 1.5" short track in Fields and Mtns. Than an Xtra 12?...
And hell yeah It does have Fox shocks too. Its a done deal. His Skidoo Skid has HPG shocks and its retarded. Its so Damn nice, its unbelievable. He took an Indy 488, Totaled it last winter, welded a new bulkhead in, Put a 600 XLT in.. the right way (welded crank ect ect ect.) And made a Frankenstein. You'd be suprised at the outcome.. Anyhow.. Xtra 10 is a go. Thanks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[galleryattach=12886]

Thats the "pickle" that I've been experimenting with letely.. I really want To create Ideal rear suspension setup For one of my Newer sleds. And this 91' eltigre is the perfect pig to do it to. SO far thats my frankenstein from AC skid parts. [:D]

·
Registered
506 Posts
the mounting dimensions for hte x-10 are on my site at http://jbshocks.com/tech.html that skid is worth in the 250- 450 range so that is a steal for 30. Rebuild the shocks when you do the swap so that you will be testing and setting up on known good shocks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright thanks for the mount Dimensions. Is it true that the whole damn thin will bind if your distance between mounting holes is off?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Well if the mount holes are off it will ride like crap. Definitely have the shock rebuilt on avg. that should only be $25-30 ea. If you know that they have been rebuilt lately don't worry about it then. I made that mistake when I got my X10 and just slapped it in my sled. Thats one of the reasons it bottoms out on every bump. Good luck and rest easy you just got a great deal, and if you don't like it sell it for big buck anyway! On a side not what shock came on your yammi? and how does it ride?

·
Registered
231 Posts
wow that is a project I would never attempt but ya for $30 thats amazing if I bought it from my friend I would feel kind of guilty and give him double.
and 250-450 for used thats very high price I got two for a total of $400

·
Registered
506 Posts
I sold one to one of my shock customers for 250 with fox shocks and sold the other on ebay with throw away shocks for $450.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
If its the later extra 10, the front torque arm alone will pull $75.00 on e-bay if its not cracked near the cross shaft.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts