Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 98 indy 500 with xtra 10, bought heavy duty springs, anything else i can purchase to get better ride? without spending 1000's on new suspension.... any and all suggestions welcome, please help

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
too soft, im not sure what kind of condition they are in, this is my second winter with the sled.. dont really know nothin about sleds, still learning, know how to change springs, belts and plugs, and hammer back the cowel from rear ending buddies...lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Your shocks are probably shot. The stock shocks on that sled are not rebuildable so they will need to be replaced.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
on a couple web pages, it says that the shock on my sled is adjustable, how do i know, not firmiliar with this stuff at all, new to sledding

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I looked a couple of places and it says you have the Indy select shock in back. Look to see if there is a little screw on the shock towards the bottom. You can turn the screw to adjust it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
havta look today at that, i hope so, i just want a better ride, stiffer, cant keep up with the new edges and stuff that my buddies have, 4 foot moguls, weve had 3 feet of snow since christmas, its great, just crappy causse my suspension sucks..... thanks for the help

·
Registered
608 Posts
We all think our suspension sucks when we compare it to something new. I too think my Xtra-10 sucked after trying the M-10. But when I first bought it it was far better than the old Indy suspension. I didn't think it could get any better.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i ride my buddies edge x 13.9, and thats what im comparing it too, im sure if i tried an m-10 i would spoodge all over the seat.... never road an older sled to know worse them the extra 10, all i know is that it bottems out in rough trails and it hurts haha

·
Registered
40 Posts
I believe the Fox position sensitive shock didn't come out until 99. This would be the best upgrade for you. I put a 2000 Xtra-10 in my 95 Indy 500 and it works fine, I ride with a guy who has a 02 600 XCSP with the M-10. I can keep up with him, even though I know he is having a more comfortable ride. I also think you have the Xtra-10 front, which is much better than my IFS, get a good pair of shocks for your front end and you will be all set. (go to www.off-road.com/snowmobile/project/pps/pps.html for more info).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts