Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Skid upgrade, 136/137” Xtra-12 or xtra-10 ??

• 136/137 Xtra-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 136/137” Xtra-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that is the question lol !!!! ☝🏼

so I have a 95 Polaris Indy 500 with the factory 121” 8” skid. Now I was thinking if I go to 136”/137” track/skid, would the xtra 12 not be better for more suspension travel ?? I’m sure the springs are stiffer, could I not swap them for a lighter spring of such ?

My son and I do Most of the riding off trail, but we do ride on groomed trails or packed down snow through our property. I have a tendency to jump my sleds like they’re a dirtbike/bmx lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a 99 Indy 500 and was wondering the same thing. It has upgraded Fox shocks front and rear but would like to have even more travel. I do think that the Xtra-12 would be overkill and not able to balance off the front suspension the way it is. You may need to add extra travel in the front if you do go Xtra-10 or 12 in the back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also have a 99 Indy 500 and was wondering the same thing. It has upgraded Fox shocks front and rear but would like to have even more travel. I do think that the Xtra-12 would be overkill and not able to balance off the front suspension the way it is. You may need to add extra travel in the front if you do go Xtra-10 or 12 in the back.
Oh yea the front would be upgraded as well to match

·
Registered
5 Posts
Now that is the question lol !!!! ☝🏼

so I have a 95 Polaris Indy 500 with the factory 121” 8” skid. Now I was thinking if I go to 136”/137” track/skid, would the xtra 12 not be better for more suspension travel ?? I’m sure the springs are stiffer, could I not swap them for a lighter spring of such ?

My son and I do Most of the riding off trail, but we do ride on groomed trails or packed down snow through our property. I have a tendency to jump my sleds like they’re a dirtbike/bmx lol.
Also check out this site - I recommend it! You can have a great time here!
Let me ask you.Does jumping on a snowmobile greatly reduce its service life? Or is the snowmobile adapted to it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jumping seriously reduces the life of course. Yours if you go to high! and the Sled if it hits the ground on "reentry" wrong!
ah yes that happened to my old Polaris when I was 19yrs old hahaha big snow bank and 12’ of air high about 30’ out hahaha. Needless to say my back felt it lmao

ok so if I swapped out my rear for edge10” skid could I run xtra 12 in the front for the bit of height ?? Or would it not ride right or ? Being there from a touring sled

1 - 10 of 10 Posts