Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if the xtra 10 rails are different then the pre 96 indys. i broke a set of rails on my 93 and had to replace them. i bought the only indy set made. they called them standard indy so i bought them. it all fit fine cept it came up a bought 2 inches short. the front hole for the swing arm was back 2 inches or an inch and a half. so i had to cut my swing arm put a solid bar 1 inch and half long or 2 inches cant remember now and weld it up it was bent so it was all straightend up right and then it fit up perfect. so i was wondering if i got xtra 10 or xtra 12 rails.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
They are different. Go to Polaris site and find the online parts catalog and you will see there are several different applications. The reason you had problems is that the hole locations for the front a arm and rear swing arm are different.
That suspension you did isn't going to work properly.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wanna make a bet it works properly? i ran it hard for a season and what do you no its still together just the same the day it went back in. the suspension worked fine never had a problem with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.