Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a 92 indy 500 and i want to make suspension upgrades to it and i was wondering if an xtra-10 suspension would bolt right up to my sled. any help would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, i just did this mod on my 95 Indy 440, the skid will fit, you will most likely have to grind the rivets off the rear mounting bracket, and move it forward.
From flat side on driveshaft back to first hole should be 11 5/8" on center. Then from center from first hole to center on rear hole is 23 1/16". (Went same distance down as the original hole) On my sled, the first hole was close to 12" oc from driveshaft, and i got away with it working just fine. To make sure if front hole is okay, loosen your tensioner all the way, springs decompressed, and bolt the front of skid in. Put springs back on when skid is in. (Found easiest with ass end high in air and jack under skid) Then lower sled and make sure track tension isnt tight yet. If everything looks good, take skid out, (ass end still in air) and go under and make your measurements under tunnel. Check and double check. 23 1/16" oc. Found it easiest to drill big hole for skid in rear, and put a bolt and nut on tight to drill your 1/4" holes for rivets or 1/4" ss bolts. Mount bolts/rivets and check again. Then if everything is good, put her in!

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
^ yep, I did and x10 conversion on and older evolved 500 and hada move the rear mounting bracket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts