Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi does anyone know if the xtra 10 shocks on a non crc front end are the same as the crc? i just picked up a 97 xcr wedge chassis and he had xtra 12 shocks squeesed in there, and i want to make it right. thanks.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
As long as they are the same distance center to center of the eyes they should work, or even close. I am running shocks from and edge chassis on my Gen II with CRC front suspension, they are a little longer, but ride much better than the stock ones did.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont have the old xtra10 shocks to get a mesurement.and mine is a gen 1 chassis. how much longer are the edge shocks? the xtra12's in mine are compressed a few inches just to fit.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I think the CRC X10 are 15.5". Here's some I just did and on craigslist.
The X12 are like 18.5" if I recall correctly. That must have been a hard job to get those in there.

Edge shocks are 17" or so....Don't quote me on that. They are close to the X10 though. I would have to say put in the right shocks and not try to wedge some other shock in.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/rvs/2139178518.html

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
CRC X10 and non-CRC X10 are the same length, at least up through 1999. I believe 2000 XC's got slightly longer shocks along with their 1.5" widened ski stance.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I have fox shocks from a prox on my 97' sks. rides fine. as long as they are close to the stock distence it will be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i have read on here of people using edge shocks and spindles on the xtra 10 does any one know about that? my spindles are taller than some old 8" ones i have lying around anyone know about that? thanks for all the help guys i am new here and i got so much info from this site. (sf rocks)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts