Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new to me 99' Polaris Trail Touring w/ xtra 10. I pulled the rear suspension out to replace the shocks with new rebuilt fox shocks. I installed the new shocks and put the suspension back in the same as I took it out. Spring blocks on medium and the rear scissor stop blocks are in the front position. As soon as you sit on the sled the suspension bottoms out on the rear scissor blocks. You can also bottom the suspenion out on the blocks simply by putting a small amount of force on the rear bumper. I'm guessing this can't be right? This sled only has 184 miles on it so i'm going to guess it came set up like this from the factory. Can someone please give me some advice / recommendation on what to do here? Or is this normal? I've read that you can move the rear scissor blocks back but will this really solve what i believe it a problem?

Any input would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
85 Posts
that suspention is suposed to bottom om the rear sissor arm blocks. its called a coupled suspension, basically it hits the rear sissor block them the main pat of the travel comes from the sissor calapsing to the skid frame

1 - 2 of 2 Posts