Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sled (95 XLT-SP) is something like 49.5" wide at full front suspension compression. Just a tad too wide for me. Any ideas as to how I can get the front end width down 3 or 4 inches?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I'm not sure how to do what you're asking, but I was curious as to why you would want to shorten you're ski stance? Wider.....more stable right? Do you ride in the Mts, or through narrow tails a lot?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Why would you want to do that? The wider the better,unless you want to drive it through your front door.

He who loves not his country can love nothing

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"WHY" seems to be the most popular response to my question. I do ride trails a lot. And yes, in this case, wider is more stable. BUT.... I do go off the trail quite a bit, and hit the steep and deep. Have you ever tried to sidehill these sleds with that w-i-d-e front end? It's a chore to say the least. I just don't carry enough weight to counter balance the big XLT.

An RMK is in the works for next season, but I'd like keep the XLT for a back up/buddy sled.

I'm thinking maybe a set of steering and radius rods, along with a pair of shocls and I'd be dialed in. What do you think?

Dan

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
RAD rods and steering rods for sure, possibly trailing arms also. Im thinking that the geometry is not going to be quite right for the trailing arms....just hit the sled bone yard, look for an RMK and get the front suspension from it then you should have everything you need.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts