Snowmobile Fanatics banner

xtra-12 installing

778 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  xltman 
#1 ·
I bought i new xtra-12 for my sled but i don't know what the measurements are and i cant find someone that knows.

#2 ·
i never asked you before, but what are you putting the xtra 12 in,,,,what sled, this may help, i know someone else will ask this

1993 xlt sp 580
xtra 10 suspension

#6 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by StanleyStanJ22:I need the bolt hole measurements

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by ROTALARIS:

what sled stan? I got measurements.

[/quote]Its a 94 Indy 500 EFI

[/quote]

#9 ·
the suspension that i had in that machine came out of a 1994 1/2 xlt sp. it was a 1/2 year sled x-tra 12. actually they called it an" x-tra 14". It had 1 shock, not 2. I ran that sus. w/ extension plates for 133.5 x 1.5". Being it had only 1 shock that sus. sucked. I got the rear torque arm for a 1995 x-tra 12 w/ shock and put it together. made a big diff. i believe the bulkhead and tunnel are the same between indy 500 and indy trail so the measurement should be good.

#10 ·
i think the only differences with the sleds with the old "wedge" design are the tunnel lenghts, i found that between the my 93 xlt sp and the 96 xcr 600 was the tunnel length. but my xtra 10 went in nicely! it just takes alot of patience and measuring to ensure you are exact. i didnt do any drilling until i was certain i was right.......but i think we can get stan pointed in the right direction.

1993 xlt sp 580
xtra 10 suspension

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.