Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read someplace that some xtra-12 owners were removing one of the shocks from the rear skid. Forgot which shock, but I think they said the rear was removed. My question....WHY? Has anyone here tried this? What were your results?

Dan

·
Registered
278 Posts
I don't know why anyone would do something like that. A friend has a 2000 Indy 500 Classic with the extra 12 rear, the sled rides great.

RtkatZL8
2001 ZL800
Delta IIs
Power Breather
MBRP Silencer

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I've got a 97 XLT SP with the Xtra-12 and it rides great with both rear shocks. I've never heard of removing one of these. Maybe someone knows something I don't......and believe me, that's entirely possible!!! lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was surprised to here about that type of a set-up as well. I have the article someplace and when I find it, a quick scan, and I'll give you a look-see.

I am still doing my pre-season "cleaning". I did remove the rear shock just to see the difference. Even with the front shock preload cranked to the pegs, I still have a ton of droop in the skid. Way too much in my opinion. Wouldn't work without a spring change. I like the idea of the weight savings, but at what cost?

I'll try to find that article.....Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts