Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Xtra 12 don't go all the way up. I have changed the spring torsion for bigger one but its not better. The compression of the shocks is good (and its set to max). It is possible that its my spring in front and/or rear that are damaged???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Fortress...

If I understand your question correctly, you're wondering why your Xtra-12 is not at it's upper limits. As in all the way extended.

If it isn't, that's a good thing. The Xtra-12 was designed with a large amount of "sag". This is so the suspension can "extend" the rails and track downward into depressions in your riding surface. Thus making a smoother ride.

My XLT-SP (SKS) has close to 6" of this sag and rides like a dream. If that sag was not there, my sleds ride would be very harsh.

At least that's what I've found......Dan

·
Administrator
13,091 Posts
Bowrider is right, it's a suspension designed for a smooth ride, that's why it sits that way.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi Erick

Sorry Im not totally bilingual and i don't understand what you mean with "bottom out ". i have discuss with my polaris shop and they will sell me a stronger Spring for the rear shock. I have the softer right now. hope this will solve my problem

(oh yeah, the track rub on the tunnel)

Edited by - fortress on 18 Jan 2002 08:53:58

·
Administrator
13,091 Posts
Bottom out = when the suspension collapses completely.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thx polaris man.

Yes, my suspension bottom out when riding with two passengers or when jumping when riding in solo. Like i said, i will try a stiffer spring hope this will help.

What's are the effect of the front strap limiter adjustment

Edited by - fortress on 18 Jan 2002 10:00:30

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I believe that if you tighten it, it puts more pressure on your skis (for more steering control), and if you loosen it, it puts more pressure on your track (for increased traction).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts