Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gone through all these forums and every thing is for xtra 10.I know xtra 10 is better but I have a 12 and it must be better than the cheesy 8 I have.Or if somebody out there knows if I can measure a particular sled and transfer measurements.I want to put it in a 95 polaris indy 500 15by 121 track.[8]

·
Registered
40 Posts
You should be able to find someone who has an Xtra 12 mounted in an Indy 500. A 97 Indy Classic and 500 EFI both had the Xtra 12. What you need is the measurements from the driveshaft to the first mounting hole from either of these two sleds. You also need the distance between the two mounting holes, and the distance down from the top of the tunnel to both mounting holes. You may have to fabricate new mounting plates also. The Indy Classic had the xtra 10 front. You could also probably get the radius arms, trailing arms and shocks from one of these models and mount them on your sled. Everyone has the details for the Xtra-10 rear because it is the better skid. I mounted one on my Indy 500 and left the front alone, works very well.
So, is anybody out there with one of these sleds that can help this guy out with the numbers?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the reply.I was told w/out putting in the front suspension it would look funny because the back would be high so I am thinking of buying the front shocks of ebay.I am worried about room in the front wthe xtra 12,I dont have much room where heat exchangers as it is and I think I would have to move the mounting holes closer.So these measurements would be greatly appreciated if someone by chance has there extra 12 tipped on its side or torn apart to take the measurements or maybe someone has another idea where to get them like from the dealer or something.Ride hard and face your fears winter is here![}:)]

·
Registered
99 Posts
When I updated the skid in my doo I took a long piece of masking paper and a pencil to the dealer and located a used sled. I lined the paper up with the tunnel and traced out the mounting points and rivited mount locations. I then cut it out and transfered it to my sled. I drilled and reinforced the tunnel just like the tracing and the notes I took and the new skid fit perfect.

I also have the xtra-12 in my XLT. Nice smooth skid for the trail especially if it is rough from heavy traffic and stutters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts