Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys whats up i have a few questions bout this sled that i am lookin at.
heres the discription tell me what u think

studded track, starts on 3rd pull or less, 6600 miles, good condition!, 340 cc but this thing can move! dont let the cc's fool you. 800 o.b.o. throw me an offer and ill let you know.

he said he would take $600 is that a good/bad deal let me know
thanks
Bob[thumb]

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
phazer should be a 485cc

·
Registered
1 Posts
Skidoorider583 said:
hey guys whats up i have a few questions bout this sled that i am lookin at.
heres the discription tell me what u think

studded track, starts on 3rd pull or less, 6600 miles, good condition!, 340 cc but this thing can move! dont let the cc's fool you. 800 o.b.o. throw me an offer and ill let you know.

he said he would take $600 is that a good/bad deal let me know
thanks
Bob[thumb]

I don't have the vagest idea if this is the place to ask a question, but if its not I hope somebody will direct me to the proper place. I just aquired a 1986 Phazer that starts fine but runs terrable. Acts like carb problem. To work on carbs service manual says remove airbox,GREAT!! It would appear that removing air box would require the removel of Windshield,Inst cluster. Brake and throttle controls. stearing yoke, covering shrod, etc. I find it hard to believe that this is the case, but don't know. I am an aircraft mechanic and have seen some real design genius over the years, but if you have to take half the sled apart to see if a mouse made a nest in the airbox,it will be one for my personel record book. Does anyone know where I can purchase an owners manual for this sled? I have the service manual, but it seems to be a joke for the problem I have Thanks in advance for any assistence I might receive.===JACK===

·
Registered
13 Posts
if it is a phazer and it dont have the 485 engine then it is not the original motor

also i have a manuel for this sled if you still need one but make sure its a 485 yamaha engine for a phazer should NOT BE A 340

Cooked said:
You dont need to take the air box out, there is enough play in the carb boots to wiggle the carbs out.
I AGREE YOU DO NOT NEED TO REMOVE THE AIR BOX I HAVE PERSONALLY REBUILT MY CARBS ON MY PHAZERS WITH OUT DOING SO

·
Registered
181 Posts
It can be tight, but as said above, the carbs will come out and go back on with the air box left in.

...I forgot to address the original question....

I wouldn't pay more than $500 (at least in my area) for an 80s Phazer.

I bought an '89 in Feb 2010 for $500. My son rode it the rest of the winter.

....a bit of trivia...I bought one brand new in 1986 for $3000.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts