Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.... so i have been starting my 440 by dumping fuel in the jugs every time i start it.. even when its warm already... any thoughts on this one? and while the sled is running it rips just getting impossible to start without primeing the crap out of it...any help would be great...thnx

·
Registered
393 Posts
Slydogz1 said:
Ok.... so i have been starting my 440 by dumping fuel in the jugs every time i start it.. even when its warm already... any thoughts on this one? and while the sled is running it rips just getting impossible to start without primeing the crap out of it...any help would be great...thnx
Plugged fuel filter,fuel line cracked/rotted in the tank?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Clean UR carb buddy!!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Slydogz1 said:
clogged filter or screen in the tank, hole in on of the fuel or pulse lines, poor comression...air leaks.... use of ethanol....it ruins engines..two cycle any way....good luck...

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just posted the following on another thread. I'm not suggesting a Mikuni carb conversion will fix your problem, but I thought I'd pass along this:

I converted my SS440 to a Mikuni 40mm carb, with a primer. THAT is the way to go, in my opinion. Easier to tune, find parts, find advice, and I suspect better performance. You need a longer throw throttle lever (or modify what you have), cable, and air filter (get rid of that clumsy airbox), but it fits in like a glove to the original boot - it's an easy switch. I had it dynoed (I race this one) and the dyno guy was very impressed (I'll just say it has more ponies than the Exciters). I did some other things to it too. Jetting is easy to dial in. You can find used carbs out there for $50- $75. With the other stuff you might sneak this conversion in for under $100.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
sturmgear said:
Slydogz1 said:
clogged filter or screen in the tank, hole in on of the fuel or pulse lines, poor comression...air leaks.... use of ethanol....it ruins engines..two cycle any way....good luck...
So what do you suggest people run who are in areas where 10% ethanol is the only option??[confused]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts