Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a three day sled trip in Northern Wisconsin, (yes the weekend it was -20 degrees)...Anyways I tested out my brother's Apex and was very impressed with the speed. I prefer my MXZ 800X, but the APEX stomped it on the top end. Of course throw some corners in there and the Apex is NO match for the 800X, but it's nice to have some straight line speed every once and a while...

Here's a short vid:

Testing the Apex

·
Registered
244 Posts
loving the sound of that

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Is that the stock exhaust? sounds louder in a video then it does in real life, if thats stock i wouldnt even want to hear mine on vid lol.

·
Registered
244 Posts
my neighbor has his RX1 stock exhaust without the baffles and it sounds just like that

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
One thing about the Yamahas....Me and everyone that has rode my Vector has notcied is that it never stops pulling. Riding a trail and giver after a corner and keep on it, you are really surprised how much speed it has picked up in that time. They jst never stop pulling from engagement until they top out unlike a 2stroke.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Originally posted by YZ125racer
[br]my neighbor has his RX1 stock exhaust without the baffles and it sounds just like that
HMM well our attak didnt seem to sound like that stock, its freckin loud now with a excel exhaust...
[attachment=52659]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
my dad is looking at putting that exhaust on his apex. is it alot louder that stock cus in the vid on the website ti seemd to sound simliar and jsut barely louder

·
Registered
795 Posts
Thats a sweet looking sled, i'd love to try one sometime. Last year i was up north and one passed me and it was loud enough i couldn't hear my sled.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
First off: Nice sled, and it does sound pretty mean for sure. Also, you have some stones to be out ripping around in that weather. I stayed home and don't feel bad about it at all!!!

Secondly: I often wonder about the volume issues with four strokes. I know that along with pollution, one other thing that people (non-sledders) complain about snowmobiles is the sound. They don't like the "angry bee's" that they have to listen to all winter.

Then you listen to the four stroke people and they say that the four's pollute less and are quieter.

Those who ride quads (which are generally only 450-700cc) can attest to how loud some of the aftermarket exhausts are for quads. Now imagine exhausts like that on motors nearing (or surpassing) twice the size.

I'm not saying that they are going to be any louder than the current contingent of piped 2 strokes out there, but it won't exactly be silent out there either.

·
Registered
821 Posts
this apex was my all means NOT a quiet sled. If it was coming right at you, it was silent, but going away from you was quite loud! It did handle the corners a little wide. Partially due to the weight, but also I think I need new wear bars on it.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
^ Don't even get us started. Toyota assembles the truck in Texas to get around the automotive import tax if they imported a whole vehicle. The parts still all come from Japan.

GM has like 6x the plants in the USA AND most their parts come from north america.

Toyota started a commerical that said they have 10 plants in the usa assembling cars/trucks. Gm came back with this

[attachment=59117]

If you want to continue.. PM me and don't destroy this thread.
I will talk for days about this topic with you as it effects my every day job and I know all the facts. I am sure it effects everyone on this board too when the north american auto industry declines. We ALL lose money.

My next sled won't be a cat unless the motor says made in USA

Ook.. sorry. that hit a soft spot with me.. Back on topic

That sled sounded neat.. but.. a triple triple sounds meaner [:)]

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
please dont ruin this thread with political BS.. do us all a favor for the good of snowmobiling and delete your posts.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by pooxcsp500
[br]I would never buy one even if it was made of gold.....same reason I wont buy a toyota ...I support American jobs..
If Yamahas were made by women in China, or orphans in Africa, or terrorists in the Middle East would NOT change the fact that the Apex is an awesome sled.

That is why I posted this topic, because I know it's an awesome sled, I didn't ask your opinion, and I don't care about your opinion. I would bet you've never ridden one, if you did, then your next dinner would be your own foot...

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Originally posted by Sleds-650
[br]
Originally posted by pooxcsp500
[br]I would never buy one even if it was made of gold.....same reason I wont buy a toyota ...I support American jobs..
If Yamahas were made by women in China, or orphans in Africa, or terrorists in the Middle East would NOT change the fact that the Apex is an awesome sled.

That is why I posted this topic, because I know it's an awesome sled, I didn't ask your opinion, and I don't care about your opinion. I would bet you've never ridden one, if you did, then your next dinner would be your own foot...
so.....if you dont care then why are you getting bent out of shape?I guess if my opinion isnt the same as yours then its wrong.....hmmm

·
Registered
821 Posts
what readers wont be able to read for your benefit pooxcsp500 are your posts involving a bunch of profanity invading somebody else's thread, that you wisely deleted. Do us all a favor and dont post anymore.

·
Registered
821 Posts
the one thing I did not like about my apex is the surface area underneath the tunnel. It provided lots of space for slush to cling to and the next morning, I bet I had at least 40 pounds of ice under there that I couldn't chip off.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts