Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have been looking at getting a new apex so post your pics of your apex and your reviews thanks saml

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
well my dad has an 06 apex mtn and i was riding it in the mtns last weekend and it is a good sled it has lots of power to get you anywhere u need. its a tad heavy but not bad espically once u get it into sopme real deep snow. its a nice sled but to crave or do donuts u need lots of powder becauese it has too much traction and won't spin out also a bit harder to throw over. but overall i like it lots

·
Registered
11 Posts
I love my 07 Apex Mtn. I was a bit skeptical about the weight, but when I got on it in the snow, and especially the deep stuff, I was really impressed.

Still have some learning to do on it, but am really enjoying it so far...

Good luck![attachment=58841]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I demo rode an Apex RTX last winter. Nice sled. Very comfortable, great power, nice suspension.
You really dont feel the weight when you are riding it because of how well-balanced the sled is.
I could describe the Apex in 2 words: total control. I have never been on a sled that made me feel as confident and in control as the Apex did.
The only thing I didnt like was the pricetag. $10,000+ for something you can only use a few months out of the year is a bit more than I can justify spending. $7000 for a Phazer is decent, an $8500 for a Vector isnt too bad, but $10,000 is too much for me to spend.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
They are giving them away right now. I just got my 07 RTX for 8800 and some change.

I bought the wife a vector GT (has the ohlins) for 6700

well I guess not giving them away....but they are almost below cost.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Just purchased this 2006 apex RTX for 6800. It has a bender exhaust kit and sounds bery badd ass. It is by far the most awesome sled I have ever rode. The horsepower and powerband are unbelievable. It gets to 100 mph in about 5 seconds. Sure, its a little heavy, but with 150 hp and reverse, its tough to get it stuck. (but dont try it). It's an awesome sled! Oh, and the last time I filled it up, it ran 19 mpg. [attachment=59007] [attachment=59006]

Attachments

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Well my dad has one and it rocks, his is the apex attak. It pretty much kicks every 800's buts, the mods we have done is paint, seat recovered 07 style, powder coated a arms, 1.25 preditor, taller bars, clutch kit, anti ratchet drivers, fox floats, c&a razors, excell exhaust, big boy spring and some custom graphics. We have 2100 miles on our since last march, not a problem since we got t excpt i blew on belt but i was powder riding for 2 days straight so it was expected. here are some pics of ours.
[attachment=54217]
[attachment=52660]
[attachment=52659]
[attachment=59063]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
very nice sleds FURF. and same to you proxj, post a sound clip of the exhaust on the rtx and on yours proxj

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
The 06 RTX had a different skid than the 07. But the 06 RTX with the deep red is the best looking sled out there....

They made significant changes in the skids over the year. I wish they offered the 07 in the 06 colors...but thats nothing a littel trip to the powder coater cant change :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Does anyone have the ER or GT and some things to say about them? I cant decide between the Apex and the Attack for michigan riding.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
The ER is basically the standard model, the GT has the remote rezzie, GYT-R clicker shocks and the Ohlins electronically adjustable shock on the rear suspension.
The ER is the standard model, the RTX is the rough trail sled and the GT is the high-end model (think of it as the Lexus of snowmobiles: performance and luxury [:D]).
Personally, Id go with an Attak. You get a smoother ride and better straightline traction, but you really dont give up much cornering agility.
IMO, the 136" track and the 150FI 4-banger is the perfect combination.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rode apex gt 2/10/07 demo ride in Minocqua wi. Frist time on 4stroke. I have been riding sence 1970 and can say it was the best of every thing i have ever riden . Looking into getting one it was awsome go ride one you will not be disappointed

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
^Amen to that. A Yamaha 4-stroke is the only way to go.

·
Registered
84 Posts
[attachment=59834]

Just picked them up yesterday, one Apex ER and the other is an Attak.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts