Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 Vmax 600 xtc. I was looking for a good kit for it but Im not sure what Im looking for. I want more low end power, I changed the sprocket from a 23 to a 21. I need more low end for hill climbing. I have a 1.5 paddle and the clutch is under stress with it. Please help me cause I have no clue on colored springs (yellow,red , etc) for the primary and secondary. Thanks

Justin Jarmus

·
Registered
506 Posts
best bet would be to up the engagement, try a hauck orange ; )

that'll get ya tickin, you could also throw more weight into yer weights, or just shim it up. that'll also bring yer shift RPM up, but you can adjust taht by winding yer secondary.

the 600 twin yammi likes to spin between 8200-8400, so if you up engagement, tape your tach at about 8300 and ride her, if the needle is disappearing, wind more out of your secondary, 10 degrees at a time, until the needle isn't disapearing anymore

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went and looked at Hauk and it didnt say what the tension and compression of the spring. Well how hard is it to change the spring and cam arms in the clutch. I have never done that before. So if you could please let me know, thanks

Justin Jarmus

1 - 3 of 3 Posts