Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1990 Yamaha exciter 570 with new track and I was riding around last night everything was fine and so today took out on trail and went around 3-4 miles went really good and it suddenly started to bog so i turned around and from there on id say i could only go 30-35 still had power but would bog when i gave it more (once or twice it would go with very big lag) and so Idk whats up mabey need to clean carbs and tighten track some more and also had some exhaust coming out of y pipe because only got one spring on it right now so let me know thanks a lot[:D]

·
Registered
519 Posts
that sounds like carb like the primary jets acting up or posibly a fouled plug... and the track wouldnt cause ure symptoms nor would the exhaust leaking a little, the older sleds will run allmost the same except for running a little lean with out the exhaust period so a little leak is nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK I will try to clean tomo and hopefully that while solve it and will put some new plugs in was planning on doing that anyways. Thanks a lot is it alright if I pm u I have anymore ?'s.
Thanks

·
Registered
368 Posts
underhood heat from the leaking exhaust could very well factor in. how bad is the leak? track wont have anything to do with the bog unless its too tight. check the carbs. fresh fuel in it correct?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Exciterfan44 said:
OK I will try to clean tomo and hopefully that while solve it and will put some new plugs in was planning on doing that anyways. Thanks a lot is it alright if I pm u I have anymore ?'s.
Thanks
ya you can pm me if you have any more questions, ive had plenty of them old yamys so ive seen just about everything that can go wrong on them...

·
Registered
13 Posts
classic fanatic i have an 81 yamaha excel 340 it will idle for a min then die out. carbs are clean and fuel pump so may be a vac line?

·
Registered
519 Posts
does it run fine other wise?? as in just idle? cause if its just idle than posibly vac line but if the performance is crappy period than you may need to check ure compression, cause if it isnt enough specially when cold than there wont be enough draw from the engine to get all the fuel.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Exciterfan44 said:
I have a 1990 Yamaha exciter 570 with new track and I was riding around last night everything was fine and so today took out on trail and went around 3-4 miles went really good and it suddenly started to bog so i turned around and from there on id say i could only go 30-35 still had power but would bog when i gave it more (once or twice it would go with very big lag) and so Idk whats up mabey need to clean carbs and tighten track some more and also had some exhaust coming out of y pipe because only got one spring on it right now so let me know thanks a lot[:D]
You sure the clutches aren,t sticking and not backshifting properly?Are you sure its running on 2 cylinders?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Really soounds like a plug or fuel problemto me.Could be some water in the gas also,sometimes a little drygas can go a long way put it every tankfull

1 - 10 of 10 Posts