Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally Yamaha is dealing with at least one Viper problem. They are selling new shocks for the sleds. Notice I said selling not giving. For $189 you get 4 brand new shocks all around on the sled which are suppossed to give it a better ride more tuned with easy going riders complaining of the hard ride. THe dealer we contacted said we get to keep the stock shocks so anyone looking to put new shocks on say an SRX or a SXR may want to be in contact with me sometime soon. THey are also going to install a rear heat exchanger to help with overheating for cost. So all in all it is still costing us money but not a lot compared to how much it would cost us to go buy the stuff.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Hmmm....I had heard that they weren't letting the owners keep the old shocks after the new ones were installed. I did hear that the labor was free though.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is sort of a debate. One dealer said Yamaha is leaving it up to the dealership. Some dealers are keeping them I guess to revalve and sell or just sell. THe one my dad called said he will get his back.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Nice. I'll make sure my brother checks around then to find a dealer that will give him his old shocks back when he has his changed over.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts