Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now as my name suggests I am and will be a polaris snowmobile rider for the rest of my life no matter what. My cousin works at the local Yamaha dealership in town and he brought out the new RX-1 and I got a chance to ride it. I was impressed with how great it rode and the speed it had. With the modifications he has done to it it will do around 135 or so. Not only that but it gets roughly 20 miles to the gallon. Just wondering if anyone else has ridden one of these snowmobiles and what they think of them.

Polaris4LIFE[:D]

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I haven't riden one myself, but I've heard a lot of good comments about them as long as they're riden in the conditions they're designed for.

·
Registered
312 Posts
ya i also had the chance to try a buddy of mines RX-1,,, maybe his wasn't set up like your buddies was ,, but i found it a little boggy off the line , but the top end was surprising ,, and it's pretty smooth ,, And he figured it out to be 18 mpg wich is pretty damn impresive.
But i'll whipe the thing anyday of the week with my t-cat,,,

·
Registered
129 Posts
i know a local shop dealer is going to sell his and get a 700 viper.....he syas the rx 1 is a nice sled but its not desighned for really aggresive riding....he says the ride quality is grat for trail riding...and the engine is very powerful....but doesnt have that slam bang powerband of the 700 viper.....by the way the viper is capeable of 18 mpg also

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
for the original poster. If you believe 135, and 20mpg I got some cool stuff here for your sled. Mail me $1000, and I'll send you the parts right away :)

-Dean

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
U think that thing gets 20 mpg while it's going 135 MPH?

I got 3 letters 4 u:

LOL

Anyway I have ridden the RX-1 and if all u wanna do is drive on trails and drive fast, then it's a good sled. But don't take it down a rough ditch cuz it handles almost as good as trying to drive a pickup truck at 100 MPH over a plowed field.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I don't know the mpg of our sled but I will believe the 135 with some mods. I only believe this because I have ridden ours and raced it. I saw 128, which probably had some track spin involved, but I know it's still close to that number.
But yes, it is a nice sled and no I'm not going to ride it down the same rough ditch that I would ride a REV or firecat!

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
The Rx-1 is indeed is a great sled. If I even thought about buying one it wouldn't be until 3 or 4 years. My issue is longetivity. Yeah I know the motor is durable, but the thing that concerns me is the bulkhead. Extruded aluminum with the motor used to hold the whole thing together. Same goes for the Firecats. It is left to be seen how much this configuration can hold up. It will take a few years to convince me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts