Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my SX 500 v-max that I bought to trail ride this season is acting up. Since my first ride on it, it seemed a little doggy, like slow throttle response. I thought it might have been bad gas, and kept riding it noticing it sometimes accelerates awesome, and sometimes plain old just dogs, pysically not reving faster than 5500 rpm even at full throttle.. like almost like its fouled out. I thought it might be primary clutch, because it engages too soon.. at 3,000 rpm. But then I looked, and my plugs are looking like they are oil fouled, and they are BR9ES, so i switched to 8's today and they are the same.. what the hell is wrong? reed valves sticking? too much oil consumption? main jets too rich? I am stumped. It will run good half the time and its like hit and miss, when i go to hit it, sometiems its there sometimes its not, sometimes its slow responce.
please help!

thanks

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
stock it should engage at around 3k my 97 v-ma 600 sx stock engages at 3k. clean your carbs check all the fuel lines to make sure there not tangled ro being pinched

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
use BR9ES plugs, NOT BR8ES. Since you said the carbs are clean, I would suggest cleaning your clutches, INSIDE AND OUT!! Also make sure T.O.R.S. isn't coming on. It will turn on if your throttle cable is too tight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts