Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why is my top speed on a srx 99 700 with clutch and bender can only going 90 accross the lake i thought these were capable of 115. im not splipping or anything

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
When you put your new belt on check if the belt is sticking up above your secondary clutch about one eigths of an inch. if it isent your secondary might need to be checked out. A 700 SRX is cappable of mutch more than 90.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I dont know of any, but you should get roughly about 110 mph.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so im going to try putting a new belt in there and smoothing out my sheth and see what is up if that doesnt work then what could be wrong it runs great

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hey Alaskangold you got to be crazzy to think that a SRX700 will hit 125 even with those pipes and cluthed ,, i've seen then in action out here way more then enough times , and my buddy's 600 zrt with cluth work usualy hold with em and passes most and he doesn't get more then 115 to 118 on SPEEDO not RADAR,, and i've passed many with my tcat and havn't seen ONE up over 120 ,, not once. Not saying it's not dooable ,, but maybe 125 on bare ice with no drag.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have heard of srx's with bad stators that only show themselves under a load. So if none of the other simple fixes help you might want to look into that. Are you getting peak rpm and full shiftout?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
acanian, I have seen it.... you don't believe me..oh well I probely won't sleep tonight. These sleds have been on ice, properly clutched and piped srx's WILL hit 125 on the SPEEDO... at least the ones we have raced could.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am no srx expert but isn't the powerband at 8600? If so and your only pulling 8k, worn out primary spring could be your problem.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Yes a 700 SRX piped with some clutch work might show 125 on the speedometer,note i said speedometer.but he dident say anything about any mods.when i say easily 110 mph i mean radar.no speedo is even close at that speed.the faster you go the less accurate they are.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Luvemall, my last post was in no way directed at you. Notice though I did say on the speedo, no radar....and yes all speedos are false, especially at high speeds. The ice sled that we were racing was a 02 800 XC, CPI twins, Tempo-Flow, 192 woody's, and clutched & geared was pulling 130 on the speedo. It was a 500 mile race and at the end a 02 Viper was what took first.... a yami triple\triple 700, go figure.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I'am not a yammi go by any means, but from what I have heard the SRX and Viper are very similar engine wise. My point is don't discount a triple piped yammi engine, if set up right they flat out rock! At the same race they had 660 drags, the SRX's were doing VERY well in the stock and mod divisions.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts