Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondered how much of a difference in how a yamaha sxr 500 will handle with the transfer rods installed in the rear suspension or if anyone has ever tried these out(There from royal distributing) Anyway my brother is asking about them and i thought i'd try to find out if there worth the 90 bucks. How difficult are they to install, do i have to remove the entire rear skid?
Are they worth the money?

Thanks for the help guys, All advice and suggestions are welcome!

·
Registered
55 Posts
yes they are worth the $90. Easy to adjust for less or more transfer. I have themm on both my yamy's and would not go without.
If the suspension is properly set up he will notice a big difference with these rods.

·
Registered
841 Posts
yes they make a difference. I have Benders on mine, but there are several brands and they all basically do the same thing.
To install you don't have to remove the whole suspension. Just remove the rear mounting bolts (leave the front ones) and the suspension will just hang out of the tunnel. Then remove the outside idler wheel to get at the rod. Slip on the new rod and put everything back together.
I think that is 4 bolts.
Oops, should probably loosen the track first, so that's 6 bolts......lol

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any tips for removing the rear suspension and tips to get it in easier, on my othersleds we usually use a jack and rachet straps to get it back together is there any easier way on this sled???

Thanks for the help so far[:p]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.