Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2002 yamaha viper 700 that backfires and missfires alot. the warning light is also on. another thing is everytime i try and start it it sounds like it wants to fire the first pull but after that it doesnt sounds like it wants to start at all. the one time it did start i rode it around the yard for thirty seconds and it was very boggy and was backfiring so bad it had little flames comin out of the siliencer

can anyone help????

·
Registered
369 Posts
First, I would not ride it like that until the problem is fixed. I would clean the carb if I were you. Take the carb out and make sure you take out the air fuel mixture screws (should be 1 and 7/8 turns out for stock settings). Also, blow out all the jets with carb clean. Make sure the slides are moving up and down correctly. I would replace the plugs after you clean the carb to make sure none of them are fouled. How long has the sled been sitting?? How many miles are on the sled??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BAMT700 said:
First, I would not ride it like that until the problem is fixed. I would clean the carb if I were you. Take the carb out and make sure you take out the air fuel mixture screws (should be 1 and 7/8 turns out for stock settings). Also, blow out all the jets with carb clean. Make sure the slides are moving up and down correctly. I would replace the plugs after you clean the carb to make sure none of them are fouled. How long has the sled been sitting?? How many miles are on the sled??
its been sittin for a year , and it has about 3800 miles on it

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yea, I bet your carbs got plugged up from sitting. Also, make sure you let the motor warm up completely after you clean your carbs. A large amount of oil has probably settled in the bottom of the engine which will cause the sled to smoke a lot after it has been sitting for a while. If you look at your plugs now, they are probably pretty black from this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts