Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
Had an interesting conversation with a friend last night.
He has purchased a new stock 2003 Ski doo REV 600HO. No changes including no studs.
i have a 1999 700 SRX with Heel clickers roller rooster and 144 picks. Have a red spring presently in my clutch.
He says his snowmobile will "smoke me" in 1000ft and "eat me" in the trails.
Now I know this may seem childish buuuut, I am a better trail rider than him, fact, but if all things are equal in riding skill who wins these races.
1000ft -
2000ft - Ive been clocked at 114mph at Rockies in Sudbury
Trails (good conditions -
Lake - Im assuming this would be a no brainer am I wrong?

He feels the Rev is such a fast sled that I am fooling myself.

Are these new Revs that fast? I have been out this year and have only ridden by myself so far so I would appreciate any feedback from any of you with some knowledge.
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
506 Posts
ummmm

1000ft, 2000ft and lake are no brainers, you're compareing about 115 hp to 150hp. if this guys brains are an indication of his rideing skills, you'll own him on the trail to

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
a firend of mine bought a new rev 600 and he seems to think that there is nothing better than it..well we will see who spanks who when i get my sks 700 back from the shop,when i first got my sled i raced a young kid on the new rev 600 across a lake probably 1500',i beat him no problem..im not sure how expierenced he was so maybe he didnt get into it all the way not sure

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Yea i agree with sled dgo. With now upgrades on the rev...and those upgrades on the yami, then YES the yami will smoke the rev. But now if u put the same thing on the rev thats u have on the yami, the rev would win! Quite simple!

·
Registered
506 Posts
ummm, if they where both studded and clutched, I'm still sayin the SRX is dusting the rev with power to spare. on the SnoX track, there's no question, but if it's a game where power matters, that rev is dust.

clutched MXZ 800s against clutched vipers don't even put up a fight, and an SRX will eat a viper for lunch. (above 90mph anyways) clutched SRX's SCREAM

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
see junior I have never seen a good SRX, I don't knwo if everyone I ever saw was horriblly tuned or what but the ones I have raced and seen run were SLOW. Like the stock viper was beating them by umm 4 sled lengths. Thats at a 660. Never seen them at 1000 but my dad says he has never been beaten by one, when he was stock or piped.

·
Registered
506 Posts
: I /

you beat an SRX by 4 lengths?

O man, would someone like to explain to it's rider what the throttle does?

ummm, vipers and SRX's run totally level to 90mph, at which point the viper falls flat on it's face and the SRX walks away.

I have the speedo disabled on mine, but for an example of power over a viper. dad and I where running together, found a good long stretch of highly visable trail, (3-4 wheat fields) and he opened the viper, I was able to keep up at about half throttle. at 180kph, he was topped, I pulled out to the side and hammered it, I went by him like e was standing still. he says that there's no way that I was doing less than 210 when I went by. he now describes my sled as ****ING INSANE!

I dunno, working at the shop, we had alot of experience in '02 when the vipers first came out, and we wheren't at all impressed, for our kind of landscape (mostly flat and long stretches, occasional flat windy) the hyper triple is king. most trails aren't like our area's tho.

at the radar runs in our area, it's not unusual at all to see stock SRX's trouncing T-cats

ofcourse... if the SRX takes the Tcat, you'll never hear the end of it... if the Tcat takes the SRX... that's exected, and no big deal

·
Registered
567 Posts
i have a friend who has a 2001 viper tuned up the wazoo including a 151 and it will smoke almost anything on the flats. except another highly moded viper with a short track

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
hehe, yeah I love when people do that. He probably bought it in 2001 so he said 2001. My dad's Viper has Bender pipes and a shaved lug track. Its fast. He says he is losing to F7s though. He says most other sleds(besides all out racers) if he doesn't have them from the hole on he has them by the end of 1000. I remember when my dad snowchecked the Viper some kid was telling me his dad smoked a Viper on his XC700. I just sat there and said, umm how did he manage that one?, huh? just raced him, oh cause Vipers don't come out for another 6 months there boss. He was like, oh it must have been an SRX. And I know what you mean Junior, stock Vipers are way too restricted up top, that single pipe is great for bottom end torque(many BIG tail stands off the line) but it starts to top out on competitive power by 660'.

·
Registered
506 Posts
ya man, vipers fall on there face above 100mph.

ya well, it's odd that you've never seen an SRX win like that, but... I didn't until a few years ago (2 or 3 I think) then all the sudden I jumped into the racing scene and GAD, SRX's are gods at the drag strip

down the SnoX track... that's another storey, those pipes yank the front end down so hard that it'll pullyer arms outa there sockets. unless you stay on the gas a bit

in which case the sled is over backwards on you fairly quick.

I dunno, hard to ride thru the whoops... yes, not much suspension... true

gods across the lake/drag strip... true

I wish I could afford one for a trail sled, but it's that or the bike.... what a choice man : ( I'm tearing my hair out tryin to decide

·
Registered
197 Posts
got a REV 600, super quick to 70 but the top end just aint there (104 at WOT at best run!). I wish i knew who is making mods for this sled, anybody?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I raced a edgex700, srx700 ,F7 on my dads 600 HO this weekend and it went like this. I got the holeshot on all of them and held it till about 50+- when the F7 started past me and 80 before the SRX slowly started by and the polaris was no where to be seen. I could only hit 107 on a long run so 0-80 the 600HO will give alot of sleds a good run but after that it starts to fall on its face.

Oh yeah you may want to keep your SKS at home cuz if it's stock the 600HO WILL hand you your a$$.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Originally posted by Junior
[br]: I /

...I have the speedo disabled on mine...
Why do you have the speedo disabled??? I hope it's not to keep the milage down for resale purposes[}:)]

·
Registered
506 Posts
O god no, it's a full race sled now, the speedo is actually for sale.

one day a belt let go, and blew the speedo housing apart. me being a racer, took one look at it and said. "allwell, just extra weight anyways" pulled the wire out of the back of the speedo and that was that.

anybody wanna buy a yamaha big gauge speedo with an ungodly high number of km's on it?

: )

1 - 20 of 37 Posts