Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
i heard the duluth showing was a piss poor attempt at that.. my buddy sed the jap racer they got should be running sport class....

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Nope I don't think they will.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by John_Deere_Polaris_440
[br]i heard the duluth showing was a piss poor attempt at that.. my buddy sed the jap racer they got should be running sport class....
PLease say Japanese lol. Jap soudns a little racist for the forum ?

But I agree in all terms. The rider could have done better.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
If they have a new race machine it will take some time to tweak it to be competetive and for the rider to get the feel of the new machine. I think it is good to see new competition, it is good for the sport as a whole , even if some poeple are unaccepting of 4 stroke.

·
Registered
477 Posts
i watched them race this weekend and they are very impressive once they get them dialed in they will be very competitive

·
Registered
214 Posts
i liek 4 strokes my sportbike and dirtbike are of course... i just never got into the whoel yamaha 4stroke snowmobile thingy... sleds seem soo massive and heavy.. then again im also used to a 440 racer soo i dunno good for them if they turn out and do well with it i guess...

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
From what happened last weekend in Duluth, I would say no. But it is early and they have plenty of time to get the sleds dialed in and set up they way their riders like them. Things could change, but now they dont look so good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think the thing to look at is IF they do well will the other manufactures build a 4 stroke race sled? Look at what happened in Supercross. Yamaha was the laughing stock when they brought out the 1st 4 stroke 400. When that happened we were seeing the future, we just didn't know it.
There is not 1 manufacture running 2 stroke 250's any more and Honda doesn't even offer a 2 stroke 250 in their 07' line up.

Just my thoughts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Motocross and Supercross have moved over to all 4 strokes (125 class and 250 class). They have even changed the name of the classes to the "Lites class" and "Supercross class". I still miss the sound and smell of 2 stroke bikes at the tracks. [V]

But I think this year will be a big disappointment in snocross for Yami. I think it is a little tougher to get a 4 stroke to compete in snocross. However, the future will definetly see 4 strokes as very competative. Yami will do better next year I am sure (they need more riders). We might even see other manufactures move to 4 strokes in the next 3 or 4 years. It seems to be the direction things are heading.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
if thye only used the jap guys to drive there gonna do crappy. but if they have malinisko drivign thell be fine

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Heres the first weekends results, not to impressive for the boys.

http://www.wsaracing.com/portalpak_modwsa/resultsdetail.asp?serverid=wsanew06&eventid=1068&classcode=28&startYear=2006

Isn't this basically the same sled that Jesse Streg ran last year?

·
Registered
214 Posts
they say not but who nos.. i guess malinoski wasnt trainin on one at all in the off season he sed in an interveiw he was riding the phazers to get used to 4 stroke throttle charactoristics... soo maybe they revamped it hardcore soo much they dint have time to get him one to tool aorund on....

mind boggling....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hardly, they were at PlanetX practicing for the past 3 weeks with all the other top guys. I dont see the yami being competitive this year, maybe next year but this year I think they will be working hard just to make the finals. And yeah the Jap guy Yuji or whatever is a joke. Drop him to the sport class and he will win some races...

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Originally posted by stndinup
[br]I think the thing to look at is IF they do well will the other manufactures build a 4 stroke race sled? Look at what happened in Supercross. Yamaha was the laughing stock when they brought out the 1st 4 stroke 400. When that happened we were seeing the future, we just didn't know it.
There is not 1 manufacture running 2 stroke 250's any more and Honda doesn't even offer a 2 stroke 250 in their 07' line up.

Just my thoughts
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard!! Of course people are gonna go with the bigger machine, IF they'd made them race a 250 4-stroke in the 250 class instead of tilting the field to make 4-strokes competitive you wouldn't even hear about 4-strokes today, let people start running 400cc 2-strokes against 400cc 4-strokes and see what EVERYBODY would be riding next year, its just "smoke and mirrors" is all it is...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
wiat til other companies try to put 4 strokes in sno-x yammi will be untouchable. just look at the productiuon sleds today. nobody is making a 4 stroke that is comparable to yamaha and now some 4 strokes are beating 2 strokes by making them lighter and more powerful. it will be a long time before any other manufacturer makes a competitive 4 stroke. thats just my 2 cents

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
WHY would they (DOO, Cat, Poo) want to make a 4-stroke race sled when a smaller 2-stroke will do the trick?? I'd also like to know which 4-stroke you think is beating a 2-stroke, the 150 HP Apex over a 120 HP 600cc 2-stroke or the 140 HP Turbo'd FST over a 100 HP 500cc 2-stroke WOW that's pretty impressive, that's like me bragging that my 700 triple will "smoke" a 440!!

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Ultrastud me and you have the exact same opinion on this. It almost pisses me off when i hear people talk about how "competitive" 4 strokes are. Of course they are since they have more than twice the cc's. Its absolutely ridiculous how its being allowed to happen. If they truely are as good as a 2 stroke then let em compare apples to apples.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts