Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody try the new Yamalube 2 synthetic oil. I heard of some guys trying it in there polaris sleds with power valves. I can get this stuff for $20 CDN for a gallon. I know a friend of mine has 10,000 kms on his Viper with the mineral stuff. Ves II oil is $40 CDN a gallon.
I want to stay with a synthetic or blend but want to cut the cost down a bit. Anybody in Saskatchewan know where to get that Phillips stuff everyone talks about. I clean my valve myself and ves II gets dirty within 600 miles. Polaris recommends cleaning them at 1500. Pretty sure they would be stuck in there by then.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have been told that Citgo Sea and Snow and Yamalube are the same oils...made by the same company. I am switching to Citgo S&S this year...coming from Amsoil. Made the move because many use Citgo S&S with great results and it is inexpensive, about $10 to $12 a gallon.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
The 2-s is good oil. Why not ude the polaris blue blend. Simular make up of the 2-s. I can buy the blend here for $20 a gallon.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I use yamalube 2S in both my XLT and my SXR with no problems. It's good oil. I don't have power valves though so couldn't tell you how they work with them.

·
Registered
416 Posts
i used 2-s last year and will continue to. i also use it 32:1 in my YZ and its fine. i got it for $15 a gallon out of a barrel, and now i can get it for free because my friend works at the dealership and can sneak me a gallon when he works late.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Johnson,

Does that make you a "Thief", An unethical person? A person not to be trusted?

Just wondering.

Bulldog

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Johnson, you should be running 2-R in your YZ, not 2-S. 2-S is a snowmobile oil and its not designed for the kind of heat and rpm that the YZ puts it through.
2-S is a good oil. Ive used it in the past (in my '90 Phazer II and in my chainsaw) and it works well. It doesnt smoke much and doesnt have a bad odor.
Personally, if you have a Polaris I dont see why you just dont run Polaris Premium Blend. Its pretty much the same as Yamalube 2-S. Why make 2 trips to 2 different dealers when you can just go to 1?
By the way, dont assume that all Yamalube 2-S is made by Citgo. Ive talked to people in Canada and they tell me that one the back of the oil bottles there it says its made by Esso (which is the same as Exxon/Mobil). Not that it matters, Citgo is a good oil too.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found out today that the Canadian tire synthetic brand they sell is just Shell synthetic in a different bottle. I would run Polaris oil but they won't come down a cent on there price, and it works out to be $10 a gallon more. Going to two different dealerships means nothing to me , we run both Yamaha and Polaris, plus I repair sleds for a hobby so I am at all the dealerships.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Our Exciter, VMAX, and XLT run on Yamalube 2S. Never had problems and is a decent price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts