Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my limited experiance do you think I can make any significant change in my take off if i change just the clutch spring, I have an 96 indy 500 with the standard gold spring... and that just doesnt do it for me
I could care less about losing top end

·
Registered
777 Posts
you probably have a 34 helix,going from a 100-270 primary to 140-280 alm/gold ..46 44 -34 helix ,2 grams in primary , should get u close to what you want,once you start playing with this stuff ,it will never end,believe me, seems to me though,what works for one sled /dosen,t for the other

·
Registered
187 Posts
[:D]Well let me tell you!! I have a 1973 TX 400 now a 440 and I have changed my black spring to a pink spring and my weights from a B weight to an A weight and the differance is INCREDIBLE my sled now launches around 5,000 rpm. Which on a sled that weighs 300 lbs. is just wild. I must admit I had help figuring out the right combination, a sled dealer here in Niagara Falls used to race a 78-79 tx and really knows what he is doing and has all the factory books with the right combinations to do this.We have played with jet combinations and now we are playing with belt distances.All I can say is make sure you talk to someone who knows what they are doing like a dealer you can trust or you will be wasting ALOT of money and time trust me. But remmember most of your power comes from your clutch set up Good Luck and keep the rubber side down. Bill W from Niagara Falls Canada. GO LEAFS GO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts