Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Maybe not all, but I just put down money on 3 count em 3 sleds,
an RX-1, and two skidoos. A REV-X 600H.O. and a REV-X 800H.O. Gonna cost me about $15 g's for the ski's and around 8 for the yammi

Now I know you will either not believe me or you will say where in the blue hell do you get your money, I'll tell you. We will put about 200 test miles on each and then sell them as quick as possible to pay off the short term loan. We had to buy them for the business.

But I was soooo excited I had to tell someone, not really excited that I bought something other than an arctic, but excited that I bought 3 sleds today.

I don't brake until I see God!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
put a few zeros after that 1 and we'll talk

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Your right! It is pretty rare that someone goes to buy 3 new sleds at once. You must have felt like a king. :)

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Thats cool man. So what type of test are you going to run on em, and what type of aftermarket parts do you make/sell?

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We manufacture silencer cans for the big bore sleds. Started full time last year making cans for Arctic 800 twins for an aftermarket company. Now this year we will start selling them on our own, as well as selling to aftermarket companies. We need the sleds to see what the existing can looks like, weighs, performs like. Then we can start making prototypes. When we get something we like, we run some test to make sure they don't adversly affect the sled. Check durability issues, sound levels and different things like that.

·
Registered
671 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>haha cool man. Buy them all for hmm $1,
put a few zeros after that 1 and we'll talk
[/quote]
i'll put one 0 behine there
j/k

Ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by rocket:
We manufacture silencer cans for the big bore sleds. Started full time last year making cans for Arctic 800 twins for an aftermarket company. Now this year we will start selling them on our own, as well as selling to aftermarket companies. We need the sleds to see what the existing can looks like, weighs, performs like. Then we can start making prototypes. When we get something we like, we run some test to make sure they don't adversly affect the sled. Check durability issues, sound levels and different things like that.

[/quote]

Sounds like a great job, I'm sure lots of ppl here would be envious of such a position! Be sure to let us know how those sleds test out now......

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by rocket:

[/quote]

Hmmmm what can you tell me about your can's on my sled and where would I buy one if I wanted?

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am going to assume your riding an Arctic Cat, and I will say either an 800 or 900. We are still working on new protos, but you can expect to shed about half the weight. They will increase the sound by about 4 to 5 decibles. Depending on how you measure this. We use the industry standard for measuring and they are between 4 to 5 decibles. According to a dyno there is not much for measurable horsepower gain, because your sled is an efi i assume and with efi's there comes a problem with increasing hp without engine problems. That is a big topic so I'll leave it at that, if you have ?'s on that pm me. But I can tell you that while testing against competitors we showed that ours stays the same or gets better the longer you run compared to theirs. You can expect to beat your buddies with "other cans" if your sleds are the same besides the silencers. We are unsure about pricing as of yet, but it will be around the $200 range. I am working on the website and hopefully you can order from there, or on our order line. We are also working on a few other avenues.
Hopefully I answered all your questions, I have a serious case of brain fade today, must be working too much.

I don't brake until I see God, I thought I saw him once, but i was mistaken.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Shed about half the weight? Holy crap! What do you all do to the things to get em that light?

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!! (I might seem like it, but I'm not. Anyways I don't think so.)
The Sled I Ride
2002 MX Z 800 X Yellow/Black

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
use lighter and less materials I would be sure. I will be very interested in what you do with the RX-1 Rocket, keep me posted I have an entire forum of people I bet would love to see some stuff.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We just did lots of homework and found out how to keep the sound levels close to stock, but cut out half the weight. For instance the stock zr800 can is a huge chunk of metal. It weighs roughly 18 pounds, we were able to come in around 9 lbs, and only gained a few decibles. It's hard, but we played around with it for 6 months before we found something.

I don't use the brakes until I see God, and I am never wrong. I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

·
Registered
322 Posts
OH, just on the exhaust...i thought you meant the whole sled. Alright, I get it now, i was just a bit confused.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!! (I might seem like it, but I'm not. Anyways I don't think so.)
The Sled I Ride
2002 MX Z 800 X Yellow/Black

1 - 15 of 15 Posts