Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The land around here is very deceiving. Whats bad about this is i saw this comming, I slowed down 2 see the cliff & kept going cuz it looked ok. Well I guess it wasen't. Ill need a new front bumper & nose, lucky me. Tub can be bent back & hood is cracked in 2 places but I have whats needed 2 fix all. I guess it could have been worse. I got away with a fuct up knee & hand.

/snofan/../images/users/MXZ700SKS700/Mvc-863s.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/MXZ700SKS700/Mvc-864s.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/MXZ700SKS700/Mvc-866s.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/MXZ700SKS700/Mvc-867s.jpg

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup, it just happeded at 5:30 so about 6 hours ago. I live in Barrow Alaska, all together we have had over 10". 9/10 we had no snow & come 9/24-25 we had like 3" first day of snow this year & now its here 2 stay. I was down about the crash cuz its was a beautiful day & I had just got off work but I wasent mad. I look at it like this, Its the name of the game ( if you really ride, you really crash), it could have been alot worse & I have all the parts needed 2 fix it, so she will be back out this weekend.

P.S. you may be thinking "5:30 & its so dark" well we are at the part of the year where its dark 24 hours a day.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
If you can fix that by the weekend you should go into business fixin sleds. Too bad. Hope your knee is ok. Sleds are easy to fix, you body ain't.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Yikes, I bet you didnt expect that already..

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RMK-KING: I didn't want it 2 happen but I always expect it. I ride hard & fast so I know its comming. Thats why I keep all the parts I can.

confusedguy: Yup, it just came out of the shed like 2 weeks ago & now its back in.

Offshore24: All I have 2 do is bang out the tub, change nose, bumper, & fix one big crack in the hood (Fiberglass hood is a easy fix) My knee is fine today but a few other area of my body are sore, another day of rest & i'll be like new & out to do it again

·
Registered
139 Posts
/snofan/../images/users/eightpilot/XCR crash.jpg

Same story, different sled.[:(]

·
Registered
139 Posts
/snofan/../images/users/eightpilot/XCR 005.jpg

Can you tell what I hit????

·
Registered
139 Posts
/snofan/../images/users/eightpilot/Belly pan 010.jpg

Should be ready by first snow.... Hopefully.

·
Registered
139 Posts
"Ding Ding Ding" Tell him what he's won Johnny. lol

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
those pics are decieving MXZ700SKS700, one pic it looks like u are going down a hill and hit a ditch, then next pic it looks like u are climbing and hit a cliff...lol...maybe its just me..

and that sled is looking good Eightpilot

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Eight pilot, looks like you have quite a few accessories/mods on your 440.
Are those cylinders new and painted black, or is it bored etc??? The last pic looks cool.

·
Registered
139 Posts
They're sleeved,ported,polished,and milled. I am running about 15:1/150psi compression on both sides. I replaced the sleeves with pro x 600 sleeves. These work well with the high volume 440 crankcase that comes with the 98 xcr 440. She's a nice sleeper! I am pulling about 140hp on the dyno. I had the cylinders powdercoated black when I had them re-sleeved. I still have alot of work to do before the snow falls.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I s ee u gott it fixed already>> looks good as new !

·
Registered
139 Posts
Your right! Madd Dog....Most of it is new. Can you believe a new belly pan costs $240. Criminal!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Madd dog : I just got it done a few hours ago, it took about 2 hours & all I need now is the bumper.

eightpilot : $240? damn, I just called all the polaris dealers within 500 miles & they all said $175. Should there be that much diff for a sled thats 1 year newer?

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
MXZ, welcome to Canada where the price is higher on everything... Lookit where eightpilot is.

Hence the higher price.

[8D]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts