Snowmobile Fanatics banner

you wont believe it. WRECKED & FIXED

2K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  eightpilot 
#1 ·
The land around here is very deceiving. Whats bad about this is i saw this comming, I slowed down 2 see the cliff & kept going cuz it looked ok. Well I guess it wasen't. Ill need a new front bumper & nose, lucky me. Tub can be bent back & hood is cracked in 2 places but I have whats needed 2 fix all. I guess it could have been worse. I got away with a fuct up knee & hand.

/snofan/../images/users/MXZ700SKS700/Mvc-863s.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/MXZ700SKS700/Mvc-864s.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/MXZ700SKS700/Mvc-866s.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/MXZ700SKS700/Mvc-867s.jpg

See less See more
#4 ·
yup, it just happeded at 5:30 so about 6 hours ago. I live in Barrow Alaska, all together we have had over 10". 9/10 we had no snow & come 9/24-25 we had like 3" first day of snow this year & now its here 2 stay. I was down about the crash cuz its was a beautiful day & I had just got off work but I wasent mad. I look at it like this, Its the name of the game ( if you really ride, you really crash), it could have been alot worse & I have all the parts needed 2 fix it, so she will be back out this weekend.

P.S. you may be thinking "5:30 & its so dark" well we are at the part of the year where its dark 24 hours a day.

#5 ·
If you can fix that by the weekend you should go into business fixin sleds. Too bad. Hope your knee is ok. Sleds are easy to fix, you body ain't.

#8 ·
RMK-KING: I didn't want it 2 happen but I always expect it. I ride hard & fast so I know its comming. Thats why I keep all the parts I can.

confusedguy: Yup, it just came out of the shed like 2 weeks ago & now its back in.

Offshore24: All I have 2 do is bang out the tub, change nose, bumper, & fix one big crack in the hood (Fiberglass hood is a easy fix) My knee is fine today but a few other area of my body are sore, another day of rest & i'll be like new & out to do it again

#14 ·
those pics are decieving MXZ700SKS700, one pic it looks like u are going down a hill and hit a ditch, then next pic it looks like u are climbing and hit a cliff...lol...maybe its just me..

and that sled is looking good Eightpilot

#16 ·
They're sleeved,ported,polished,and milled. I am running about 15:1/150psi compression on both sides. I replaced the sleeves with pro x 600 sleeves. These work well with the high volume 440 crankcase that comes with the 98 xcr 440. She's a nice sleeper! I am pulling about 140hp on the dyno. I had the cylinders powdercoated black when I had them re-sleeved. I still have alot of work to do before the snow falls.

#17 ·
I s ee u gott it fixed already>> looks good as new !

#19 ·
Madd dog : I just got it done a few hours ago, it took about 2 hours & all I need now is the bumper.

eightpilot : $240? damn, I just called all the polaris dealers within 500 miles & they all said $175. Should there be that much diff for a sled thats 1 year newer?

#20 ·
MXZ, welcome to Canada where the price is higher on everything... Lookit where eightpilot is.

Hence the higher price.

[8D]

#21 ·
you guys have snow in barrow already hu...man we still have nothing in southcentral alaska...
a friend of mine on the other side of my home town told me on the phone it was snowing at his friend house (the house on the other side of town) it wasnt sticking but there was a bunch of small flakes dropping......i wish it would just dump

#23 ·
Ok this is what I see that is different:

Torsion bar
Polished radius rods and steering arms
Brake housing
Chaincase Cover
Cylinders
Everything is incredibally clean and shiny...

#24 ·
To add to Pman's list:

Front shocks
Spring is either painted black or aftermarket
2 EGT probes out exhaust manifold
Boost bottle
Hand grips
Running board grips
Removed boggie wheels on rear skid
and of course all those painted parts like he said.

Question: if those are XC 600 cylinders, what pipe/pipes are you going to be using?
Is pump gas even an option with your setup?

#25 ·
The Rt trailing arm was bent up bad from skipping water last spring. I hit a wall of ice on the edge of the river we were skipping and rocked her pretty hard. That is a new arm but the 98 440 xcr was equipped standard with the tipped in trailing arms. These pioneered the future edge/crc suspension! That is another reason why the belly pan cost so much. I am running a custom made heavy duty aluminum swaybar assembly. The radius rods are stock, but stripped and polished. Same for the tie rods. The shocks are polished Fox racing shox with remote reservoirs. The springs are new stock polaris 440 xcr springs. They just come black when ordered through the parts counter.

To answer MegaMan's ? They are not 600 cylinders, They are 440 cylinders with a 600 sleeve inside. Our 98 440 xcr sp's have the same port design and crankcase volume as the newer 600's. So I had the 440 cylinders machined out to accept the larger sleeve. Because the port designs are so close I can run the 440 pipe. I'm not sure if you've seen the 440 xc pipe for 98 but the xcr pipe for the ves engine like ours in alot bigger. So it can handle the extra cylinder volume. I do run a pump gas/race blend. It will run on straight 93 octane if I get in a bind. Thats why I stopped the milling at 15:1 for this reason. I gutted the oil injection and run premix though. So fill ups have to be a planned event on the trail. These cylinders run pretty hot, so I don't trust the oil injection. 100:1 ration at idle you know! Synthetic premix is waaay better for you engine, just not as convienient.

Sorry for the looong reply. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.