Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got this uncle who loves to go riding with us but he is the slowest guy ever, we went around lake nippising with him and he was always 20 to 30 min behind then just this past weekend we just rode the ditches up to a friends house. so i went up the side enbankment of the ditch but my uncle doesnt know that you have to keep on the gas a little to make it up so he goes sle and in the middle you can see the one ski tip he jumps off below it and flatens out to just let it roll over him last year he tipped and broke the mirror off so now he will do anything to save the mirror even let it roll over him (just one of those moments) no damage done to the sled. post some of your stories

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
My first ride ever in Danville, Vermont. I'll be the first to admit I wasn't educated on the trail signs and junctions and all that and that comes into play. I was riding an old skidoo MX470 second from the last in the pack, my father being behind me on a 98 MXZ580. He stopped to take some pictures as we all kept heading forward. I realized he wasn't behind us anymore so I stopped and waited to see if he would catch up. I waited about 2-3 minutes and I see him coming across a clearing so I started to move forward again. He started to play a little cat and mouse with me having some safe fun when all of a sudden we come up over a blind hill. We were only doing around 25-35 mph, but as we crested the top there was the first portion of the group, stopped, in the middle of the trail at a 3 way junction. I about dropped a load in my pants and start feathering the brakes, slide sideways, and tap another sled in the rear bumper which sends me cascading down this icy hill. I stand up, uninjured, as the rest of the group is laughing. The group leader starts to freak out on me about slowing down and I agreed, but it was his fault for parking right in the middle of the trail on the opposing side of a blind hill. Anyways, long story short, learn the trail signs BEFORE you ride [:D]

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
^^^What's even funnier is that you read it twice and responded twice.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I was ditch banging last year around midnight by myself. well I got stuck I mean my sled was gone in like 4 feet of snow In the ditch. Well this guy seen me in his truck he got out and started to help me dig my sled out the funny thing is he was in tennis shoes and a shirt and he was drunk he fell like three times in the drift I kept telling him I got but he didn't listen he just came over and helped me dig it out and left.

·
Registered
38 Posts
2 years ago I went for a unexpected swim with my sled.Alone,at night,after a couple beers,(beer muscles)I hit a large ditch full of water.Threw me over the front,landing upsidedown,head first into water.It was zero degrees,and the sled was half submerged,nose in the air,but still running! Panic sets in very quick,when you can feel you clothes freezing as you move.Thanks to two guys who couldnt stop laughing,they pulled me out.Less than 3 miles back to the bar,(in record time)the place went silent for a sec,then laghfter filled the room.Great way to meet new friends to ride with.Never Ride ALONE!! and now I dont drink and ride.Makes a agressive rider,a danger to everyone.[:0]

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
when we first got our first snowmobile, it was a 97 700 or something. we took it to the lake then unloaded it, my dad started the sled. then got his gear on, but it was all new so had the tags hangin off em, then he unpacks the helmet and puts it on but there is still plastic on the sheild so he rips it off but its still hanging from the helmet. and some people are walking by so my dad wants to look 'hip' so he sits on the sled and pins it. needless to say he fell off the back and the sled went like 10 feet infront of him. he was sooo embarassed. The people walking by must have thought we were retarded. lol

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Well one time about 2 yrs ago myself and 3 buddies drove up after work 2 the U.P. for a three day weekend! It took 12 hrs to get there in an ice storm plus we had to stop in munising to pick up a sled and trailer which was buried in snow so we had to dig it out! (the ride normally takes 6.5). We were so tired when we got there we slept till about 5pm the next day and missed all our first days ridding. So we went next door to the restaurant to get some dinner b4 we went out. We stayed ate had a couple drinks then set out to ride about 7:30.By this time it was a blizzard out. We got out on the trails and about 5 miles down i missed a turn ended up in a ravine with about 4 ft of powder and got stuck after 30min of getting out and back on the trails one of my buddies jacket zipper breaks and hes freezing so we wrap him in duct tape and try heading to the next place on the map so he can pick up a jacket. So we start moving again this time with another buddy leading, he goes off trail and gets stuck less than a mile from the last place. After getting him out the guy with the zipper decides its to cold and closer if we just go back and grab another jacket from the motel. So we agree. We turn around and start going back, Im leading. I get to a street crossing and wait for everyone to catch up. When they caught up they just fly by! I put back on my helmet and start to go. Now it was a blizzard keep in mind but i saw the signs and knew there was some road crossings(with 3ft banks on each side) coming up and a left turn to get back to the motel. They didnt since i was leading on the way out and they didnt pay attention! At the left turn to get back, you also could go straight but its an unplowed road not the trail. I slow down to make the turn and see some tail lights in front of me. So i go to check it out and guess what? They missed the turn and hit the road bank at about 60-70mph each! The first guy jumped about 10 ft. high and 30ft far he never jumped b4 got scared and parked it in the middle of the trail. #2 same thing and plows into #1, #3 same thing and plows into #2 flips #2 sled on top of #1. Driver 1 gets pinned in between the sleds #2 goes flying to the right about 20ft. #3 flys over the top of them about 30ft. down the road while his sled runs over driver#2! Thats when i pulled back up. I see driver 3 get off the ground and start running back to the crash, I see #1 stuck between the sleds, and #2 lying on the ground yelling the studs ran over me !!! A second later he gets up ok then we go get #1 out from between the sleds and he's fine!!!! I just start dying laughing and fall on the ground thinking about what had happened and told my friend there are no studs on the sled then he starts laughing which get everyone laughing! Good news is no one got hurt!!! Bad news is 3 totaled sleds and the weekend was over after 10 miles! Now thats funny!!!!

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Hmm. I don't really have anything all that funny..

My dad had just jacked up the suspension in his 92' Vmax4 with an Xtra-10 suspension, and he went to go wip it around like he normally does, and right when he did, I looked back, and he was airborne. He got back up, and was like "WOAH! This is a little more tippy"

I was riding my inviter with a bald track, and I was following my dad down the trail. I didn't think about how much my sled would slide, so, my dad stopped with his wildcat at the road before crossing, and I was just cruising down the trail and I slammed on my brakes, and right before I smashed into my dad he pulled across the street and I slid along following right behind.

·
Registered
795 Posts
A few years ago in the UP my clutch went out, got replaced first thing in the morning. I go to fill my gas and add oil and its windy as hell, got that done. I jumped a couple of snow banks and shoot across a field and try to slow down, nothing happens so i go flying over a jump and remeber i forgot to put on my oil cap back on and oil is all over my brakes.

Another time i'm jumping drifts on the ice and hit one and go flying in the air because it was actually an ice shove. I ended up breaking my hood mounts and while i'm checking out my sled this guy on a rental sled comes up, all that was frickin awesome, max air dude thinkin i meant to do it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Two years ago i was in the black hills riding our ZR800, came up to this little approach, slowed down, thought it was a level area so i hit the gas and got up to about 60-70. A buddy was next to me and watched as it happend. While i was doing 70 the approach ended and i went flying through the air. Just soared, probably 10-15 off the ground. Came down hard, flew forward and my visor flipped open haha. my buddy was laughin so hard at me haha.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Quick one! Me and my bro sleddin in the U.P. 3ft snowbanks again! Im leading, stop and wait for my brother at a road crossing (I crossed while i was waiting) Im sitting there looking forward down the trail when his sled pulls up! Funny part?? He is not on the sled, he lost it when he hit the bank and the sled pulled up with out him!!!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
back when i use to ride a tundra 280 me and friends would mess around well once we discoverd this we did it everyday, anyway We would stick a bunch of us on my tundra and wheelie is across the lake..one guy would drive the other guy would sit be hide him another one behide him so 3 on the seat and there was a big basket and there would be one of us sitting in there and then we would have someone sitting on the back of the basket facein backwards, they would hold on to the bars the held the basket in and there feet would hang off the back and we would just walk the whole lake like, this one time i was on the back and i couldnt hang on any longer and i could heear my buddy jayme laughing so hard ,well he was the driver this one time and i was yelling at him to stop cuz i was sliping off (hard to hang on with 4 people lean back on u when your hardly even on to the sled )
so here i am face between my legs,boots dragin on the ground and yelling fer him to stop, anyway i guess he didnt hear me cuz i feel face first off the back of the sled at 50mph and he didnt know till the front of the sled came down.. im sure when people passed us on the lake with 5 of us on and the skis in the air they got a good laugh outta it. I KNOW WE DID!![:D]

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
This one other time me and my little bother and my friend where on it and my buddy jorden was in the basket and my little brother on the seat and i was drivein, and i took a huge jump and didnt know it was comeing, when we landed it was hard and my borther like STOP! STOP! and i did and jorden jump outta the basket and im like **** DUDE WHAT HAPPEN! and hes like trying to talk LMAO!I knocked the wind outta him good, it was pretty funny he was just crawlin around in the snow tryin to talk.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
this ones not about sleds but this one time we riped a lawn mower engine outta the bodie anyway it was a rolling chassie so we started pushing eacher around and we went down to the dock and start pushing eacher around well one of my friends got the bright outta to push the one guy right off the dock on his turn so when it was we started from like the end and we all ran as fast as we go and hes like YO WTF!?? and hes like oh sh*t,oh Sh*t, and we shoved him right at the edge and he caught so much air it was so funny it started to front flip right when he hit the water, so where all on are knees and sides laughing and the thing like landed on him and he like trying to swimm and its on top of him and here we all are laughing are @$$'s off and hes like drowned, it was pretty funny too, we still laugh about it to this day[:D]

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
this got nothing to do with sleds but anyway, my parents wherent home one day and my moms car was in the drive way and the keys where there, so me and my friend took it.. this was before i was old enough to drive, anyway we were driveing around on this one back road place there was a feild on like each'er side and it was day light and this car starts coming are way and my buddy's starts freaking out and he opens his door as im driveing and jumps out and he start running and there is like no where to go and i slam the breaks on like WTF dude? and its funny cuz he left his door open and everything and hes just booting it acorss this feild and the car just drives by ahahah he was still in the middle of the feild and then he came back and i was laughing, then we parked the car[:D]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts