Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure each and every one of us has at one time modified our sleds. Whether it be say, a simple handlebar rise or a full blown mountain/drag race overhaul...what all have you done to your sled(s)....and what would you rate as being the best mod in your eyes?

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Bored .060 over.
Aftermarket suspension
aftermarket brake handle
2" handlebar riser

I think the brake handle was my best investment, I now have a much easier, and more precise brake. And brakes are very important!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
drilled and taped my carb slides. n recently found out my xcr has 680 ultra cylinders on it. the carbs drilled and tapped was the bast mod now theres no chance of a C clip coming off the metering rod AGAIN.

·
Registered
199 Posts
risers,renthal alum. mx bars,97 xcr tank & seat, long track,slp ultra lite skis, fox shocks, running board grippers by sno-bug,hill climbing pegs,scott hand grips,.20 over motor rebuild, removed the oil injector,mild polish job on the cylinders,ported,aaen triple pipes & orange clutch spring.the performance mods r fun but the comfort mods were the ones i like, the bars & grips plus the foot grips really impressed me.

·
Registered
671 Posts
lets see here, clutched, bored, piped, studded, newer seat and gas tank, xtra 10 susp, 4 3/4 in pro x rise, mx bars, renthal grips, extened brake lever, hand guards, plastic ski's, i think thats about it

·
Registered
749 Posts
Blue grips
Blue bumper (front)
Blue back bumper
Tunnel trim
Black low windscreen
Clutch parts cam,weights,springs etc...
pipe
airbox mod.

i think a porting job is on the way and maybe an overbore.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Pipes,clutch work (primary and secondary), bovine lowering kit, studs, air box, and handlebar riser.
Best was ........ all of them!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I've got a bone stock '99 500 XC, and the only upgrade for next year will be to improved traction. My sled has lots of jam, just need to get more of it to push me forward.

Recently purchased a 1.25" paddle track, which will be perfect for riding cross-country, and give me nice bite into the trails.

Not a fan of studs at all, most trails around here don't get icy till the last few weeks of riding, otherwise they are hard to soft packed, and will nicely accept my 1.25 track. Plus I freel studs really shorten the life of your track.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
hey yll im lookin for pipes for my 680 ultra. does anyone have any expierence with dynoports or slp? does anyone know whach is better?

·
Registered
749 Posts
unless you have the buck for motors don't put them on. I know someone that has one and it came with factory single pipe and he put triples on and the center cylinder cooked everytime. HE used all of the rigt jets the plugs were dark brown to black so it was getting lots of gas but it still cooked. BOOM everytime

·
Registered
777 Posts
2"riser,digitron,edge suspension,1 1/4 track,slp single and can,cheater heads,b.bottle ,clutched,jetted ,tempa flow,p.pacs, gutted air box,900 in colored accesererys.tunnel roll grips,tunnel suports, carbon tech reeds

BEST,tempa flow,edge, 1 1/4
WORST- cat roller sec,couldn,t find the right set-up,sold that

Next year,should be a 770 big bore,maybe twins and hand guards

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
OH ya iv got you all beat!!! 1.SLP boost bottle

·
Registered
749 Posts
how much does a boost bottle help. i understand what they do in all but i was just wondering how efficiant they are? wahoo post # 300

1 - 16 of 16 Posts