Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to what everyone uses for their clothing and everything, so you don't freeze to death or sweat your guts out.

Here's my list:

2003 Polaris Pro X 600

I use either a HJC Sno-Tech Full Face helmet or a KBC (I forget the model) moto X style helmet with Spy goggles and a normal Polaris balaclava thing that I wear under my helmet.

I have a Choko jacket and pants, Wearing that stuff on the pic of me with my XCR in my gallery.

I wear Sorel boots, they're very warm, and my feet never get wet or cold

I have some Thinsulate mittens for normal trail riding, and I want to get a nice pair of finger gloves for when goofing around jumping.

Under all that I usually just wear a sweatshirt and jeans. Sometimes with T shirt under sweatshirt, depending on temp outside, and style of riding I plan on doing.

What do u guys use?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
well i went a little overboard last winter.. i bought the whole getup that matches my sled.. helmet, jacket, bibs... so its a good thing i got a carry over sled [:D] ill take some pics tommorow.

·
Registered
637 Posts
My List.

'89 Indy 650 w/ X-tra 10

HJC LS AirTec II (full face) helmet.

HJC Jacket and Pants..

I wear VANS snowboarding boots they are warm, dry, and coomfy..

A pair of Burton gloves they have a removable layer if temps get too warm....

How do you find the open face w/ googles..? Is it cold..? I know you wouldn't want to wear it in minus 20 or nothing but..

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I almost always wear my open face helmet with goggles, except when temps get below around 0 to 10 F. It also depends on wind and if I'm going on a long trip or not. For wide open country trail riding, I wear my full face helmet, otherwise I get cold, but my open face w/goggles is way more comfy, so I wear it as often as I can.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I use a Fly open face, which I have wore to -25F with balcavla.

Dub snowboarding jacket w/removable fleece liner

Dub snowboarding cargo pants w/removable fleece liner

Drop snowboarding gloves w/removable inserts and down on the inside!

Forum Peter Line Pro boots....never use anything but

Usually use fleece for the first layer(NO COTTON!), and on really cold days may layer with fleece liner for jacket and pants

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Factory Polaris Reflex jacket, that matches my sled to a T.

Polaris Classic Extreme full face helmet by Bell, and of course matches the sled.

Hot Finger gloves. I've got warmers, so gloves aren't as important.

Sierra ski-pants, awesome! Zip all the way up on each side so you can put em on and take em off without having to take your boots off.

Rocky boots rated to -65F. Plenty warm for those cold rides, but feet don't sweat when its warm out either.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
hjc helmet with heated visor, 95 xlt coat with polaris bibs. sweats and t- shirt, no matter how cold. got some grandpa covers for the handle bars that you put your hands in, there great, all i have to wear is some yellow work gloves,

·
Registered
60 Posts
I stay warm with a worn out pair of carhart over-alls. You know that ugly faded poop brown color. My jacket is a Polaris that matches a sled I had 2 years ago. A scratched up HJC closed faced helmet tops everything off.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Well i use my 94xlt sp
Polaris leather tex racing jacket.
FXR snocross pants outa hotseat
Polaris Leater gloves(but i gotta get a new pair, mine are worn out)
Thor SVS 3 motocross helmet with Oakley Snocross Goggles.
If im gonna be doin alot jumping i wear my motocros boots, but other wise i wear my sorrels.
And i just usually wear jeans and a sweat shirt or flannel shirt with a t shirt under nieth

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
My wife Gisele and I bought matching HJC's jackets as below a couple years ago, and hope to have matching sleds next year, but prob not, darn kids activities aren't getting any cheaper, so the Trailcat will have to do for this year.
I got new HJC bib and she wears my old ones, a little loose on her cause they were pretty tight on me...too much egg nog I guess.
I wanted to get her a new bib for xmas this year, but she wanted a camera instead.
On the feets...Sorels with Work Warehouse "Ultimate Socks", at $15.00 a pair they are worth every penny.
Warm weather gloves I bought a Lake Lousie (Banff Canada ski hill) when somebody scooped my from the chalet.
Cost me $65.00 in the pro shop.
Cold weather...all leather mits from Costco, work great, still a little stiff though.
I wear LS-air 3 electric and just today bought a quick-tint for it as my christmas present from Gisele...she never knows what to get me.
I also bought a quick-tint for my brother-in-law too, as a gift...ne1 use those?? Do they ever fly off??
Merry Christmas all <:)>

/snofan/../images/users/500fasEnuf/jackets.jpg

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Sled - 1997 XLTsp

SnowPants - Unkown make, multi-colored patches on the leg from standing too close to the ready heater

Jacket - Old columbia ski jacket, right arm melted thru from snowmobile pipe, patched with duct tape

Helmet - Unkown make, over ten years old with the windshield so scratched I often have to flip it up at night in order to see

Boots - Ice men. Kinda like wearing clown shoes, but very warm.

Gloves - I actually spurlged on some polaris gloves a few years back. A few rips now though.

The rest - Always wear long john tops and bottoms with jeans and long-sleeve shirt of some kind.

·
Registered
167 Posts
it depends on the temp outside how i dress, i have a arctic wear leather jacket that has a zip out liner for temps to like 30, i wear duofold undies, with snowboard pants, they give me room to move, i highly recomend them if you move around on your sled alot like some serious trail riding, good pair of snowmobile boots are a must, also heavy lined leather gloves for cold, and light leather gloves for warmer weather, but the most usable clothing i have is a nike dri-fit turtle neck, its made of a very strange material,its kinda of a second skin, its not too warm or too cold either, but if your riding hard and begin to sweat, it wicks it away, i cant say it enough i think anyone who has a sled should have one of these they keep you confortable all day riding.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i wear my HJC bibs Polaris Factory Racing jacket that doesnt match any sled i ride HJC fullface airtech 2 with wierd design
Goretex gloves and boots.
the sled? which one? i dont know what day ill ride what sled on

·
Registered
290 Posts
I wear a HJC CL12 with heated shield, choko adventurer jacket or Columbia west ridge jacket, choko bib, choko all leather and leather and nylon gloves with the little wiper, sorel boots or Baffin, Kamik, balacava and collett communicators with work excellent.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am assuming that pic is not from this year
Wigga. If it is, Make room on your couch because I'm moving in. I'm still raking leaves.

IWANT WINTER

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Brand new HJC CL-X4 Ryzer snow helmet with breath deflector, and new Scott High-Voltage Snowcross goggles, red frame with blue tint.
Great ventilation, but not over-kill.
Also, the helmet is very light wieght and easy on the neck. I love them!

Polaris jacket in red.

HJC bibs.

Black winter ARMY boots that i bought at an Army surplus store. The warmest boots i've ever had, but kinda heavy. You can fill these boots with water, and they will still keep your feet warm! Ask anybody who owns a pair.

Motocross gloves usually, but on super cold days i get out the heavier mittens.

Dress in layers is always a good idea.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Originally posted by MegaMan
[br]Black winter ARMY boots that i bought at an Army surplus store. The warmest boots i've ever had, but kinda heavy. You can fill these boots with water, and they will still keep your feet warm! Ask anybody who owns a pair.
I assume your talking about "Bunny Boots", they used to issue those to military for there cold weather boots. Do they got a little air screw on the side? If so your right those are about the warmest boots you can buy!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Isanti Sam it is from this year in Feburary 2002, last riding season. That was in Pittsburg, NH near the Connetticut river, about 10 minute sled ride from Canada border crossing into Quebec. Check out this site, it's the club I belong too. There's a live cam over looking the First Connetticut lake. The trails are in good shape for early riding.http://www.pittsburgridgerunners.org/

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Originally posted by Alaskangold
I assume your talking about "Bunny Boots", they used to issue those to military for there cold weather boots. Do they got a little air screw on the side? If so your right those are about the warmest boots you can buy!
Your right! I couldn't think of the name, but yeah, Bunny Boots is what they are. The air screw on the side is for when people would get on military planes and, you open the screw to equalize the pressure so the boots don't burst the sealed chamber open. They cost me about $75 USD. You can get the warmer ones that are white in color and are for extreme cold, but they are pretty bulky and cost more. I got the black ones. It doesn't matter how much your feet sweat, or how wet they are, these boots keep the heat in! They are amazing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Im rocking a 2003 ProX 600, with acerbis light flag handgaurds, and all castle jacket, sno-cross pants and gloves(all orange) with thor svr helemt with scott goggles.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts